Chapter 33

Skylar's POV

The moment I saw Jane with handcuffs and an officer next to her, I felt a mix of anger and sadness.

Sadness because I coudn't believe she dare do this. Anger because of the death of Eric. She started a fire that killed Eric.

Eric Wallace. A innocent boy that just a few hours had graduated. A boy who was going to start a new phase of his long life. A boy that was my student, one of the best. A young men that over the months became more than just my student, he became my friend, a really close friend that I could trust.

And even now, standing here in the cementery, with Lexie in my arms sobbing softly, it is hard to believe that Eric is really gone from our lives. Eric's body was unrecognizable, his body was burned completely, the police say.

"Today we are not here to mourn. We are here to celebrate. Celebrate that Eric is now in a better place. A place from where he will look over his loved ones. Let us commend Eric Wallace to the mercy of God. We therefore commit his body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in the sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life", the priest says as the coffin is being lower inside the hole.

Everyone is crying. And I myself feel tears in my eyes.

"Why Skylar?", Lexie says in a voice so low as we walk towards the car.

"I......I really don't know, Lex. I wish I knew. I ask myself the same question. Why she did it?", I answer Lex.

"Lexie and Skylar", I hear someone call from behind.

Lexie and I turned around together since I have my arm around her shoulders. We find the same officer with ask help from yesterday, Jerry.

"Yes?", I ask.

"I am sorry to be bothering you right now in this moment but I have some news about Jane Cunningham", Jerry says quietly.

"What news?", Lex asks.

"They did some testing on her and well they found out about something", Jerry answers.

"What....What did they find?", I ask this time.

"Jane has a mental illness that seems to have developed over the years. And until now, it got to her completely. Her family has been contacted and told about this. They will travel down here to pick her up. She has to be put in a mental institution", Jerry says.

"Mental illness?", Lexie says not believing it.

"But she always seemed fine...", I trail off.

"Yes, well it just took its full hit. And there's something else", Jerry says.

"What else?", I ask him.

"Before she leaves she wants to see both of you", he answers.

"Where is she at?", Lexie says.

"She is here in jail. The family is coming to pick her up this afternoon if you want to go and see her. And again, I am sorry for bothering you at this moment. Excuse me", he says and walks away.

"Did you know she had a mental illness?", Lexie asks me.

"No, she always seemed fine. You know normal. Never anything unusual", I answer.

"Are we going to see her?", Lexie asks me.

I look straight at her brown-greenish eyes, the color a dull one right now. Happiness gone from them.

"We don't have to go", I answer.

"I want to go. I want to see her face to face and ask her why she did it. Besides being crazy. Why she killed one of my best friends. Why she took someone so important from my life", Lexie says breaking in tears again.

I hug her close to my chest as she covers her face with her small hands.Her shaking body slices me in pieces along with her sobs that seemed to be the thing that is killing me completely.

"I want to go", Lexie says looking back up at me.

I clear her tears away from her face with my thumb.

"Are you sure?", I ask her softly.

"Yes, I want to go now. Right now. Take me", she says.

I nodded and grab her hand as she holds on to my arm, her head laying on it as well as we walk to the car.

Our drive to the town's jail was silent. There wasn't anything really to say. We held hands through the all the drive. I squeeze her hand multiple times, trying to send her strenght. Her response was a squeeze back.

We are now standing here in the jail's main office. Jerry is here and once he sees us he nods and motions for us to follow him. Lexie and I follow him through a hallway that leads to bars, and then he pulls his keys out. We watch as he unlocks the door and we walk in.

"Third cell", Jerry says.

We nodded and walk towards it. Lexie stops walking in front of the second cell and takes a deep breath, her eyes shut tight as tears slowly fall down her face. She opens her eyes and nods at me. We finish walking to the third cell and finally stop. We look inside the cell and find Jane sitting in a small bed.

Her head is between her hands, covering her ears, as she moves back and forth. Once she sees us she uncovers her ears and looks at us. No expression in her face, nothing.

"Why did you do it?", Lexie says.

Jane starts to laugh. LIke Lexie just say the most funny joke in the world.

"Why? Because you stole the only person I ever love. If I didn't have him, neither would you. My plan was to killed Skylar, not your stupid childish friend who tried to save that girl. But well look, I was trying to make you feel the same pain I felt. But either way, I got you. Because your friend is death now. I killed him", Jane says with a cold voice as she nears the bars in front of us.

"Eric wasn't stupid or childish!! You know who is childish? You!! You are childish and stupid. You couldn't just accept that Skylar doesn't want you. You are the stupid one!!", Lexie says gripping the bars with her hands in front of Jane's face.

"You... You are heartless Jane. You killed a innocent person. He had nothing to do with this! How could you?!", I tell her.

"I could care less who died Skylar. I wanted you death. You didn't chose me. You didn't forgive me. I didn't want to cheat on you, I swear. But you chose her. You chose this worthless bitch", Jane says.

"How did you start the fire?", Lexie says.

"Well, I brought gasoline and threw it in the back of the gym. I plan carefully everything. You Lexie, so innocent, never thought about it did you? You saw me so many times. I watch your every move. Remember that night you went to the movies with all your friends?", Jane says smiling.

Lexie looks at her, realization coming to her eyes.

"You- It was you the one in the black mustang! I saw you twice in town a few days ago. You been watching us!!", Lexie says shaking her head.

"You stalk us?!", I ask in disbelief.

"Yes!! I watched everything!!", Jane yells as she laughs.

"Skylar let's go", Lexie says.

I nodded and start walking away with Lexie.

"Before you go!", Jane yells.

We stop and look back at her.

"You will never be happy together. I damn you for eternity!!!! YOU WILL NEVER BE TOGETHER!!!!! NEVER!!!", Jane screams at us.

Lexie and I walk away and out the corridor of cells. Even from the main door we hear Jane's screams at us of never being able to be happy together.

--------------------------------

Songs for this chapter: I'll See you Again by Westlife and Why by Rascal Flatts.

So Jane is mental!! OMG!!!!!! 0_0 She killed Eric!! Bitch....

Sorry haha!

I want to dedicate this chapter to a little girl who is now in a better place. You will be miss! We will keep you in our prayers, little angel!!! <3