Chapter 44

Songs for this Chapter:

Story of my Life- One Direction

Die in Your Arms- Justin Bieber

3000 Miles- Emblem3

Skylar's POV

The coffee shop has been very peaceful today. Not a lot of customers coming in like usual except for the daily ones.

The shop is small but enough big to fit around 35 to 40 people. Its small but a very homey place with lights that are dimly light, which invites you even more.

The usual customers are usually a combination of elders and young teenagers who come for some coffee and read.

Looking out to the front of the coffee shop I see that there are only 4 customers. It isn't bad working here. The other employees are pretty nice. Except for one. Or well she is nice except she has been really annoying for the last 10 minutes, she has been asking me to tell her about me and why am I here.

"Why are you so mysterious? You just came out of nowhere" , Adela says.

And it was true. I appeared out of nowhere asking about the help wanted sign with the only clothes I was wearing.

I know all the other employees wonder and have been making up theories about my life. The most funny one has been the one where they think I am a murderer. Like what?

The first days were like hell without Lexie. They still are. If I ever say that the pain from being away from her has lessened, I would be lying because its no where true.

I have missed Lexie like crazy everyday and everything is so messed up. I make mistakes frequently everyday no matter what. Its like I have lost my anchor through a sea.

I wonder what she does all day while working. Whether she is reading or watching TV, or if she is helping Granny Ali in the kitchen, or maybe she's out with Rose and Erica shopping or just hanging out. Or whether if there is a chance that she is thinking of me the way that I am thinking of her.

But I think that by now, she must hate me. I promise her I never leave her no matter what and here I am miles away from her. But its for the for her and everyone.

I don't want anyone getting hurt because of me. I love everyone and Colton knows that perfectly well since Jane told him everything.

It scares me at some point to think that even being close up in there she can still harm people. Control even.

"Please tell me. Come on!", Adela interrupts my thoughts as I clean one of the counters.

"Adela, I already told you. Its really none of your business, I don't want to be rude but its my life and I don't want anyone to know about what has happened in it", I answer her.

I turn to look at her and find her face with a frown. She looks around 18 or 19, around 5'2 with medium lenght blonde hair and blue eyes and its pretty. The cappuccino guy in the back seems to be falling heads over heels for her but she seems to not notice it. The guy is desperate to make her look his way in a different way but as much he tries, the more she seems blind to it.

"Look Skylar, I know you are not here just because you just wanted to. You are Herr for a reason. Or a person. And u know its totally a person because you looked like hell when you first came in, still do, but look better in someway. You look like you need to talk to someone and lucky you, am here!", she says looking as serious as I have ever seen her in the last two months I known her.

I check the time and see its time for our lunch which is half an hour.

"Its time for lunch. Let's go', I reply to her as I grab my jacket from a each in the kitchen.

Might as well tell her. And she is right, I haven't talk to anyone about what's going on and I need someone.

Around the block is a small diner that I go to everyday for lunch. Even the owner has come to know me now. We near the diner as we walk and when we reach, I open the door for Adela.

"Thank you", she says as she walks in.

Once inside, we look for a table and take a sit. A waitrees quickly gets to our table and asks for our order.

"The same", I answer looking at the waitress since she has hoste before.

She smiles and nods and moves on with Adela which immediately orders something I have never heard of.

"Okay, start", Adela says as she starts to fold a napkin in different ways and looking up to me.

"Well, where should I start?", I ask myself.

"How about the very beginning?", she suggests and I nod.

"I am not from here. I was born in Colorado and studied to be a math teacher. I was gonna get marry....", I start and go on for the first part of this whole story.

"She cheated on you with your best friend? And your best friend did that too? I can't believe it. That's not right!", Adela says.

"Yeah well I left after that. And I arrive to Forks where I started teaching in the school. And that's where I started to fall for one of my students. Her name is Lexie....."I continue.

By the time our food arrives I have reach the part when the fire in the gym and as I cintinue on with each word, Adela's eyes widen in surprise.

"They found that she was sick and sender her to a mental hospital. A few days later after the funeral of Eric, Colton arrive to tell me that since he wasn't going to have Jane, then I wasn't going to have Lexie either. He's forcing me to stay away from Lexie or he will harm her and everyone else I care for", I finish telling my story.

"And that's why you are here. You can't let Colton win this. You have to fight for Lexie. What if she's just like you? All sad and broken? You need to go and look forcher. She's the love of your life!" Adela says.

I look at her face as her words hit home.

"You are right! I need to go now to her. We will get through anything we need to together!", I say standing up.

"I don't have a damn car", I mumble.

"Take my car and look for Lexie! Go on! ", she says and hands me the keys.

I look at them and immediately grab them.

"Thank you so much Adela! I bring your car back! Thank you!!", I call as I run out of the diner and round the corner.

Why did I never though of that? Together we are stronger and unbreakable. Together as a family we will get through it all. Thank you Adela. God bless you.

I see her car park in front of the coffee shop and run to it. I unlock it and get it and start the engine. Once ready I pull out and start driving.

I start driving home.

I am finally going home. And home is Lexie.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!! How is everyone doing? I had a great week! Today was my last Friday of school. I only have four days left of school and then am out for summer!!!!! Who's ready for summer?

I am!! So why only have like two or four chapters left now. I feel so grateful for everyone who is reading this story and votes. Thank you so much!! Without you this story wouldn't be so close to 20K.

If you miss my writing you can go and read my other story "DNA".

Also I will start a new story when am out of school and this story is over. If you want to continue reading some of my works, go follow me.

Also! I made a instagram for this story! The username is @mmtilimh if you want to go and follow it.

It will mostly be for like if you have questions or something. So go check that out!!

Again thank you for all the support to all of you!! I love you all!!!!