Fast Learner

"I hope you understand him a little better now," Mamma said as giving her hands to beautician while relaxing on the sofa.

"Yes Mamma," I answered half heartedly as let the beautician adorned my nail. This was the best definition of going out for me, minus the Rocco part.

Mamma just came from Italy with Mr. Abrahamson, I heard they had came last night after returned from the night club but didn't greet them, I was too tired mentally and physically.

"Don't tell me Rocco did something bad to you, Anabelle. Did him?" She realized I wasn't enthusiast answering her.

"No, Ma. In fact, Rocco was very nice last night. He even took me to new place and meet new people." I wasn't utterly lying right? Half of it was true but I didn't get into detail.

"He is a good kid from the heart, Anabelle," Touching my hands, Mamma tried to give me encouragement.

One thing Mamma shouldn't know was how cruel his son was. How can I help my family if I told Rocco's cruelty to his Mamma?

"So, are you ready for the big day tomorrow?" Mamma giggling and so did the beautician who did my hands.

Oh God, I don't like this at all.

"I hope so," I imposed a fake smile. I was getting good at lying by the time.

Mamma and the beautician didn't stop giggling which I responded by giving them a wider fake smile. I hoped they didn't realize it.

.....

Returned home, I got in bedroom and found Rocco's suit draped on the love seat. He must be in his study room.

Walking hastily to study room, opened the door, I found it empty. Upset, I walking passed one of maids and asking her where was Rocco which she didn't know.

Went to Mamma, I knew she was bathing from the other maids. I then checked all the rooms to find Rocco but to no avail there was nothing, until one of the maids said she had seeing Rocco went in to library.

Hastily walking to library, I opened the door forgot to knock it first. There, standing Rocco in front of wide wood desk while Mr. Abrahamson sat on the office chair.

"Is it good news or bad news?" Asked Mr. Abrahamson in black suit with bright smile on his face. One thing I learned from him was do not ever trust anyone who smiled a lot.

Surprised that I was going to meet the Abrahamson duo, a little bit stuttered I said, "No news to report sir. I tried to find Rocco just now." Mr. Abrahamson was a man in early sixties, gave him prudent and kind vibes, if you didn't know him yet.

The cold air in library sent me chilling and jittery, and this must have been the presence of this duo. This feeling was similar when I got into principal room in my high school days back then.

"Is it something that I can't meddle?" He asked as standing from the chair.

"It's just too petty for you to meddle, sir," I answered back, didn't dare to look him in the eyes. I hope he didn't insist to hear what I would say to Rocco.

"Well then before I leave, where is my welcome back hug from my daughter in law to be?" He smiled as walking towards me and stretching his hands.