So apparently money was more of a problem than Archer or anyone of the family had let on.

But that was something I fully well knew how to help with.

I clambered out of the taxi after Regina, tossing my backpack over my shoulder, and wondered when we were going to get this show on the road.

"Gymnastics?" Regina said, giving me a surprised look as we walked into the coffee house.

"Yeah," I said. "I did gymnastics until my freshman year."

Regina frowned. "Why did you quit?"

I shrugged. "Just wanted a change of scenery, I guess."

Archer snorted out a laugh from behind me. I glanced over my shoulder at him in confusion. He just smirked back indulgently.

And he called me the confusing one?

"Hadley! Are you coming with us?!"

I barely had enough time to drop my backpack on the floor before April leapt at me with an excited peal of laughter. I caught her in my arms in a rather spectacular move, extremely thankful I didn't drop her.

"Yeah, I'm coming too," I told April with a grin. "Didn't think you could get rid of me so easily, did you?"

April let out a stream of giggles, looking like the happiest kid out there in the world. "I knew it!"

"Are you packed yet?" Archer asked, giving his little sister a look.

April pulled a sheepish expression. "Nooo....."

"Then you know what has to be done, April," Archer sighed dramatically.

"No!" April shrieked, burying her face in my hair. "No packing! I hate clothes! "

Archer leaned over and grabbed April into his arms before tossing her over his shoulder and then made his way back behind the front counter to head to the apartment upstairs.

The coffee house had already closed for the day, so the place was empty. Regina stayed behind to make sure everything was locked up while I followed after Archer.

Victoria Incitti was in the kitchen, standing at one of the counters and fixing together what looked like several sandwiches. She glanced over at me as I passed and as June and May made an appearance quite literally out of nowhere.

"Are you coming with us, Hadley?" Victoria asked me with an appraising look in her eyes.

I nodded with a smile. "I am."

"Yes!" May and June cheered, grabbing onto my forearms at the same time.

Victoria nodded in return. "Good."

I wasn't quite sure what to make of that, so I just smiled in response and continued after Archer and April.

"Are you going to come help us pack?" June asked me cheerily as we walked.

I made a face, sighing in thought. "Well, maybe I could..."

"Oh please do!" May squeaked loudly. "Archer can be kind of scary when we have to deal with clothes."

I didn't know what to make of that one, either. Archer hated clothes? Well, that was certainly news to me.

June, May, and I trudged our way up the stairs while they babbled about how their day had gone at preschool. The door to the apartment was open and I could hear the sounds of April's shrieking laughter and then Archer's deep voice floating down from the second floor.