Night sixteen

Louis climbs out of his car and walks to Harry's house. He's scared and he really doesn't want to do this.

He needs to do this though. He needs to do this for Harry, for himself, for them.

He takes a deep breath and knocks on the door. He can hear moving on the inside and the flowers in his arms suddenly feel like they weigh a million pounds.

The door creaks open and reveals a tired looking Anne. Once her eyes meet Louis' she looks awake and angry.

"What do you want?" she snaps, voice cold as ice. Louis swallows the lump in his throat and opens his mouth to speak.

"I know you don't like me, but I want your permission to date your son," Louis says and Anne scoffs at his little request.

"No. Boys like you ruin boys like him. Harry doesn't drink, smoke or do anything remotely bad. He's innocent and I will not have you changing that," Anne says and Louis can't help but think Harry isn't that innocent when he's moaning his name.

"I'm a good kid. I'm captain of the soccer team and I'm passing school with high marks. I haven't done anything for you to forbid him to date me," Louis argues and Anne rolls her eyes.

"You haven't done anything? If I remember correctly the cops brought you home drunk off your head. You'll just go to a party, get drunk and cheat on him. I know all about boys like you," Anne says and Louis tries to keep his voice calm.

"Apparently you don't. I've never cheated on your son. I've never wanted to cheat on him. I just want to stop sneaking around. And that was three years ago, Anne. I think it's time to move on," Louis says and Anne rolls her eyes.

"My answer is no," she states firmly. She tries to shut the door and Louis stops her.

"I know we don't like each other, but we both love Harry. Don't you want him happy? I can make him happy. I promise you I'll make him happy. I promise I won't make him cry or change him in any way. Just please don't take him away from me because he's what makes me happy," Louis rushes out. Anne just listens and shakes her head. Louis sighs and hands her the flowers.

"Well these are for you," he says and she gives him a questioning look.

"I know you said no, but I bought them for you and you should have them. Have a nice night," Louis says. He turns around and starts to walk to his house.

Anne watches him go and looks down at the flowers in her hands. They're beautiful and she smiles looking at them. She looks back up and sighs at what she's about to do.

"Louis," she shouts and he turns to look at her. She notices the way his shoulders slump and the way his eyes are dark and cloudy.

"I don't like you. I don't like that you party and I don't like that you always have to have the last word. But I know you make Harry happy and I know that he loves you. So for him, I'll give you permission to date him," she says. Louis immediately perks up and then he's running past her.

He runs up her stairs and down her short hall. He bursts inside Harry's room and sees him listening to music on his bed. He jumps in his lap and kisses the boy without a warning.

Harry's shocked and it takes him a moment to realize it's Louis. He takes out his headphones and looks at him confused.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asks worried, but he wraps his arms around the tiny boy and holds him close.

"I fixed it. Your mom said yes! I just," Louis doesn't finish his sentence instead he just kisses Harry again.

Harry gets the message and eagerly and excitedly kisses him back. He kisses him like he's never kissed him before.

Harry pulls away and looks at him, his bright green eyes happy and shining.

"I love you. I love you so much. I can't believe you actually convinced her," Harry rambles and Louis grins down at him. He feels accomplished and happy.

Anne watches from the doorway. She watches as her sons eyes light up when he looks at Louis. She watches how Louis is careful and loving and it makes her happy.

She's happy watching as they laugh and kiss, oblivious to anyone besides themselves. The smile on Harry's face makes her realize that it was stupid to keep them apart.

From an early age it was clear they were going to be together. It was clear they were made for each other and she feels stupid for keeping them apart.

Doesn't mean she likes Louis. She doesn't. She's still worried about him breaking her sons heart or that he's using him.

She leaves the room - unnoticed - and walks down to the kitchen. She places the flowers in a vase and goes back to watching tv.

Louis rests his head against Harry's chest and closes his eyes. He feels peaceful and loved and just happy. He feels so happy.

"So I guess our moonlight conversations are done," Harry breaks the silence and Louis looks at him and shakes his head.

"They'll never be done. That's our thing. It's part of us," Louis tells him and Harry smiles.

Louis' phone rings and he pulls it out of his pocket. It's his mom and he answers right away.

"Hey, mom."

"Louis! It's 8:30 where are you?"

"Harry's. I'll be right home," he replies and he hangs up before she answers. He turns to Harry and places a small kiss on his lips.

"I have to go. Meet me outside in an hour?" he asks and Harry just nods. Louis gives him another kiss and then skips down the stairs.

He enters the cool night air and wraps his sweater closer to him. It's a short walk across their lawns and he looks up and sees the moon shining bright against the black sky. He smiles a big smile at it before he enters his house.

Everything is perfect.