Night One

~Present Day: Age 17~

Louis checks the time. 11:49pm. Perfect time to get Harry.

He slowly opens his window and steps out onto the kitchen roof. He never understood why the kitchen stuck out from the rest of his house, but he likes it because it gives him a place to sit and talk to Harry.

Harrys house is the same as Louis'. His room is across from his, but he doesn't have the roof to sit on. Just his window. Louis picks up a little stone and tosses it at Harrys window, hoping to get his attention.

This is Louis' favorite part of the day. He doesn't talk to Harry during school much. They're friendly and always say hi or smile to each other, but they don't talk. Harry is friends with the artistic people and Louis is friends with his soccer teammates.

Louis throws another stone and he feels his excitement bubble when Harrys lamp flicks on inside his room. The window slowly opens and then Harrys head is sticking out. Louis admires the way the moonlight reflects off his face and all he wants to do is kiss his perfect lips.

"Hi," Louis smiles and Harry quickly returns it. Harry slips his legs out of the window so he's sitting on it.

"Hi," Harry replies.

"How was your day?" Louis asks. He pulls his knees up so he can rest his chin on them. He wraps his tiny arms around himself and watches Harrys lips as he replies.

"It was fine. Just the same as everyday," Harry whispers. Louis just stares into Harrys eyes, admiring how pretty they are.

"I saw you talking to Nick today," Louis finally speaks. Harry tilts his head and gives Louis his cute half grin.

"I talk to Nick everyday," he states.

"He was flirting with you though," Louis says, his voice clearly giving away his jealousy. He flushes after the words leave his mouth and he looks down at his bare feet. He hears Harry move and then he's siting next to him.

"So what if he was?" Harry continues and Louis can just picture the amused grin on his face.

"I don't like him," Louis says and Harry laughs.

"I do," He states and Louis looks up at him. Harry's already looking down at Louis, which causes Louis to blush again. Only Harry can make Louis blush.

"Well I don't," Louis says again.

"Why?" Harry asks.

"Because you're mine," Louis blurts out. His cheeks turn even more pink and he looks down at his feet again.

"Eleanor was flirting with you again," Harry tells him. Louis smiles at the mention of that. Poor girl, she doesn't realize his heart has been taken.

Harry notices Louis' smile at the mention of her name and his heart starts to ache. It's selfish, but he wants to be the only person to make Louis smile like that.

"Why does Eleanor matter?" Louis finally asks.

"Because if I'm yours, then it's only fair that you're mine," Harry tells him.

Louis just leans his head on Harrys shoulder and Harry wraps his arm around Louis' waist.

"I like being yours," Louis whispers and Harry just pulls Louis closer, enjoying holding the tiny boy in his arms.

They sit in a comfortable silence, and Louis looks into Harrys backyard. He sees the big tree where he spent most of his childhood, just hiding in the branches.

"I love that tree," Louis says to no one in particular. Harry moves his eyes to it and smiles.

"You kissed me in that tree," Harry says.

"More than once," Louis smiles. "You also asked me to be your girlfriend under that tree," Louis laughs.

"I corrected myself," Harry grins.

"You did. It was really cute," Louis smiles. He looks up and into Harrys eyes. Harry looks down and gets lost in the blue of Louis' eyes.

"You're really cute," Harry says and Louis smiles up at him.

"Aren't you going to kiss me?" he asks and Harry leans forward.

"I always do," he whispers before his lips meet Louis'.