Night fourteen

Harry looks out his window and sees Louis sitting on the roof. He's wearing comfy clothes and Harry smiles when he spots his own beanie on the boys head.

Harry slowly opens the window. He's not sure if Louis regrets last night and maybe doesn't want to talk to him. The window creaks and Louis turns his attention to Harry.

Louis smiles automatically when he sees Harry. He can't help it and Harry smiles in relief because Louis isn't still mad.

Harry quickly - but carefully - climbs out his window and on onto the small rooftop. He curls up in Louis' lap - even though he's taller - and closes his eyes, saving the moment.

Louis doesn't say anything. He just pulls Harry to him and enjoys the way his curls tickle his chin.

They don't need to say anything. They could just sit with each other and that was enough. Louis just likes having Harry curled up in his lap.

Harry lifts his head up from under Louis' chin and places a small kiss on his lips.

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

"Harry," Louis chuckles and Harry just smirks and leans in and kisses him again.

"I missed you. I thought you were done with me," Harry says and Louis shakes his head.

"You and I both know I can't stay mad at you," Louis points out and Harry shrugs. He looks down and pulls on the string of Louis' hoodie.

"It was different this time. I thought you'd hate me."

Louis lifts Harry's chin and looks into his familiar eyes.

"I could never hate you. I hate a lot of things, but you're not one of them," Louis reassures him and Harry feels peaceful. He rests his head on Louis' chest and listens to his heart.

It beats steadily and Harry closes his eyes. Louis just looks up at the sky and mindlessly plays with Harry's hair. The sky is cloudy and you can't see the moon or the stars.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you to the moon and back," Louis whispers. It's something his mom said to him when he was a kid and it reminds him of Harry now.

Harry smiles against his chest and tries to move closer to him - which isn't possible.

"I love you. Can I spend the night in your room?" He mumbles and his eyelids feel heavy.

Louis looks down and sees Harry is practically asleep on him. He smiles fondly and just admires the boy in his lap.

He's watched him grow up and they've been each others firsts for everything and Louis wants them to be each others lasts too. He just really loves the beautiful boy in his lap.

Harry looks up when Louis doesn't answer. He sees Louis smiling softly at him and his cheeks turn pink.

"What?" he asks.

"Nothing. Let's go to bed," Louis replies. Harry agrees and quickly climbs into Louis' room. He locks the door and turns around to see Louis stripping off his clothes.

"Is your room locked?" Louis asks.

"Mhm." he hums as he strips off his clothes and climbs into Louis' bed. The arrange themselves so Louis is curled up in Harry's arms.

Harry sighs happily as he closes his eyes and holds the tiny boy close to him.