Night ten

Harry didn't go to school today. He cried all night and all day. His mom is mad at him for crying and he's mad at himself for leaving. He wouldn't be crying if he had stayed with Louis. His mom would be mad, but she's mad at him now so.

He sniffles and turns to look at his alarm clock. It's already 9:30pm. His mom hasn't checked up on him in three hours and Harry feels like she gave up on him. Oh well.

He lifts off his blankets and pads to his door, locking it just in case. He then walks over to his window and without thinking climbs out of it and onto Louis' tiny roof outside his window.

He doesn't know why he's doing this. Louis had told him he wouldn't forgive him. Harry can't believe that though. Louis always forgives him because Louis loves him.

He crawls up to the window and he sees Louis sitting on his bed, book in his hands. His eyes look puffy from crying and he's wearing his glasses.

Harry swallows and lightly taps on the window. Louis looks up and just stares at Harry.

Louis has been crying on and off all day. He's not as bad as he was last night, but he's definitely been better.

He sees Harry and he hates that his heart rate picks up and his stomach feels all fuzzy. He just wants to open the window and kiss Harrys pretty face.

He hates that he can tell Harry has been crying and he hates that Harry left him.

Harry taps again and Louis gets off his bed. Harrys heart doubles its pace and he's trying to remain calm. He just wants Louis to open the window so he can kiss him and apologize.

Except Louis doesn't open the window. He gathers all his strength and pulls his curtains closed, so Harry is longer visible.

And once Harry is out of his sight he closes his eyes and chokes out a sob, that he prays his mother doesn't hear.

Harry can hear his sob though and it shatters Harrys already broken heart. Harry lets out a tiny sob of his own, leaning his back against the wall of Louis' house.

And Louis can hear Harrys cries and he hates how much that hurts him and he hates that Harry messed everything up and he hates Anne. He hates everything.

Harry blinks his watery eyes and his gaze lands upon the bright moon. He remembers telling Louis about how the moon witnessed their love. It witnessed it for so many years. Now the moon is witnessing their downfall and Harry wonders if it saw it coming because he didn't.

Harry remembers promising Louis they'd end up happy and Louis remembers that on the other side of the wall too.

And they both shed a new wave of tears because they're not happy and that's all they truly want to be.