Chapter 16

Alex's P.O.V

~At a warehouse~

Stefan, Klaus, and I are walking into the warehouse. Stefan is still holding the photo, while I held onto mine. "This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I- we remember you?" Stefan asked.

"You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes," Klaus answered.

"No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?"

"I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait." Klaus said and I looked up at him.

"What the hell is going on? Answer me." Klaus turned to him.

"Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you." Klaus said and kept walking away.

~

"Your sister. So we knew another Original vampire." Stefan said. Klaus started explaining the past between the three of us.

"If you can't handle it, then don't ask. Also be happy your sister doesn't remember...I could never get them apart." Klaus walks over to a number of coffins which contain his family.

Klaus opened one. A girl is lying dead in it with a dagger stabbed in her chest. He smiles and gently touches her face.

"I don't recognize her."

"Neither do I." I said and placed the photo in the pocket of my jacket.

"Well, don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine." Klaus said and pulls the dagger out of her chest. "Time to wake up, little sister. Any day now, Rebekah." She's still lying there dead. He looks at us and sighs. "She's being dramatic."

"Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on? I mean, you obviously want me and my sister here for a reason, right?" Stefan asked.

"Well, you two have many useful talents."

"Do I?" Stefan asked.

"In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you, Stefan," Klaus said and I hit Stefan's arm. Stefan held his arm and looked at me with confusion.

~

Klaus was walking towards the exit with Stefan and I following behind him. "I was your number one fan," Klaus said and I smiled sarcastically.

"Why should I believe any of this?" Stefan said and Klaus stopped in front of a guardsman and compels him.

"When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die." Klaus said and the guardsman nods.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asked and watched them carefully.

"You think I'm lying, Stefan. You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you." Klaus said and continued walking.

"How?" Stefan asked.

"We're going to your old apartment," Klaus said.

I felt my phone buzz and took it out of my back pocket. Oh, yea forgot to mention...Klaus has been trying to get on my good side for the past few days so he gave me back my phone.

I looked at it to see that Damon texted me 'In Chicago. Where are you?' I looked up at Klaus and put my phone away before he saw.

"Actually I think I'll meet you back at the bar, I need a drink," I said and Klaus nodded.

"Alright love."

~

I sat at the bar which is now open and full of customers. Gloria was behind the counter and sees someone sitting next to me.