{7}

After two hours we headed back home. We have school tomorrow. Yay. Note the sarcasm.

"I don't want to go back home." I said. Paul laughed and wrapped his arm around me. "It's not funny. The only adult that's nice,not counting Jared, is Emily. She doesn't yell." I said leaning into him.

"I know babe. You know what...ask Emily if you can spend the night at my house." I smiled.

"Best idea you had yet." We both laughed. When we arrived at my house Sam was on patrol,and as usual Emily was in the kitchen.

"Hey Emily I'm going to spend the night at Paul's don't tell Sam." I pleaded.

"Ok and he's going to find out." She said.

"I'm 18."

"Yep." She said. I jogged up stairs and Emily is talking to Paul about 'not trying anything.'

I laughed as I started packing. When I finished I grabbed my book bag and walked down stairs.

"I'm ready." I said. Paul and Emily turned towards me.

"You know the rules Paul. Bye sweetie be safe." She said. Paul and I said bye to Emily and got into his truck. Paul grabbed  my hand and put it up to his mouth and kissed it. We rested our hands on the center console.

"You sure this is a good idea,Paul? I mean Sam might bust down your door." I said worried.

"Don't worry. You're eighteen." I nodded.

Soon we arrived at Paul's. It's a nice little cozy home. He has Christmas lights hung up inside turned on.

"Christmas lights?" I questioned. He turned towards me and smirked while scratching the back of his neck.

"Yea...uh,huh,festive I guess. I mean...y-yea." He stuttered. I laughed and went over to put my arms around him.

"It looks nice babe."

"Thank you." He said kissing the top of my head and wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm hungry." Paul said. I positioned my head so I'm looking up at him.

"What do you have to eat?" I asked.

"Ummm....pancake batter,microwave bacon,and eggs." He said.

"Looks like we're having breakfast." I said. We both started cooking. Luckily Paul knows how to cook so the house won't burn down.

After about an hour we finished.

"And we are done." Paul said turning off the burner. We both grabbed plates and sat down to eat. It was a quiet dinner.

When we cleaned up there was banging on the door.

"Lahote, I swear to god! If you do anything!" Sam's loud voice boomed from the other side of the door.

"I got it,Paul." I said. I walked over to the door and opened it to see a ticked off Sam.

"Hi,Lahote residence. May I help you?" I said in a perky tone. You could hear Paul in the back laughing.

"Grab your bag. You're coming home." He said.

"Ummmm, let's see. No." I said. He looked at me in shock.

"No? Did you just tell me no?" He asked confused.

"Yes, I did tell you no. I'm going to school tomorrow, but I'm sleeping here to try and get away from you." I replied to him with confidence.

"Listen now young lady, you will grab your bag and come home. Now." He ordered  in his alpha tone. I budged a bit but his alpha tone doesn't affect me a lot anymore.

"Sam get off my property,before I call the cops. She's eighteen Sam. We're not going to do anything." Paul said wrapping his arm around my waste. He huffed and walked off.

"I'm sorry Paul." I said burying my head into his chest.

"For what baby girl?" He asked confusion in his tone.

"For my brother." I mumbled into his chest. His chest started vibrating meaning he's laughing. He picked me up and took me to bed since it 9:30.

"It's alright. I would've done the same if you we're my sister." He said. I nodded. "You can have the bed tonight." He kissed my head. Before he walked out I stopped him.

"Wait, can you sleep with me." He turned towards me and nodded. He,no joke, jumped on the bed. We both started laughing.

"I love you Maxwell." He said kissing my head.

"I love you too,Paul." I said. He wrapped his arms around me and we fell asleep. Not caring what Sam will do tomorrow.