Chapter 5: Uninvited Guests

Start from the beginning

     "Can't we just kill them already..?" Nico whines lowly. "I'm not underestimating your captain, not to worry. I just know my skill. Now, will we go through this with ripping each other's heads off," blue chuckles evilly as if he's hoping for that route. "Or shall we calmly have some tea and talk normally?" red beams, pumping his arms in the air excitedly. I narrow my eyes at them. What the heck do these guys want? 

     Before I can process anything that is happening, blue has his sword/staff to Nico's throat. My bullet is stuck in the wall where he was just a moment ago, even though I was sure I didn't miss. He's too quick! "Step away from-" Axel charges at his sister, but is stopped by what blue said, "Don't move, or she's dead."

     I throw out an arm to stop Axel from doing anything rash. "Your easy way is still an option," red sings. I scowl angrily. I have no choice. They've got the upper hand.

     I lower Luna Rose and gulp visibly. "Ward, make us some tea. Axel, clear the table. Nico, make our guests comfortable," I order softly. "What?!" Ward says in surprise, "Who knows what they can do to us when we're not ready!"

     "We'll go the easy way as long as they don't hurt anyone," I explain as much as it shames me to do this. We can't do anything at the disadvantage they have over us. Not to mention how unprepared we are.

     Red smiles in satisfaction, "Good. My name is Kiyoshi, and my brother's name is Kiyosho."

...

     "Well?" I motion them to speak as I place my cup of tea back on the table. "It's very simple, you see. We'll extract the Great Grimm for you," Kiyoshi chirps. My eyes widen at the information, not having heard the name in a while. I wipe the surprise off my face and narrow my eyes at them in suspicion.

     "What?" Nico cluelessly asks. Her brother, however, seems to know what the twins are talking about. "The Great Grimm of Darkness," Axel mumbles. "But remove it? From where?" he asks, more directly to me. He knows I'm hiding something. I ignore him and ask the obvious question, "In exchange for what?"

     Kiyosho chuckles, "That's right, everything has a price to it. We'll remove the Grimm for you as long as you stay with us, with our master, doing whatever you're told. Just for a year." I raise an eyebrow, "And what proof can you give me that you really know how to... remove the Grimm."

     The red-haired takes a tool from his pocket and places it on the table. When I try to touch it, he takes it away, "Oh no, no, no. You're only getting it when you agree to our conditions." 

     I glare at them for a good whole minute, resisting the urge to agree. He then tries to convince me, "Think about it, child. You'll be able to be around your sister again, unafraid to hug her. She won't have to know anything about the Grimm. You'll be living a happy fairy tale with her."

     I bite my lip to stop myself from accepting, but if I was going to lose that battle or not, Ward interrupts, "How come you know so much about her? We are her teammates and even we didn't know she had a sister. Not to mention this Great Grimm."

     "Yeah, and whatever they're offering, Faye you can't fall for it. You don't know what they have planned for that one year. And you can't leave us like that!" Nico tears up. I widen my eyes and immediately go to hug her in means of comfort, but Axel blocks my way, "Look, Faye. You need to be honest with us. We're your team! You have to trust us with this. 'Cause if you don't... we'll not be able to trust you."

     That sends a pang to my heart. He doesn't trust me anymore, so much that he won't let me touch his sister. That, for some a reason hurts a whole lot. I can't help but also notice that he called me by my name. He never does that. He always gives me those silly nicknames. I drag my eyes away from him in shame, but all of them are looking at me like I'm just about to betray them.

     And for the first time in forever, tears pool in my eyes, "I-I'm sorry! I didn't think you guys would accept me if I told you. And I don't want you guys to be enemies if you try to fight me. I can't! I love you guys too much! It wasn't supposed to become like this. I got overly attached to you all. Maybe if they can do this for me, I could live normally with you."

     "What are you saying??? Don't you think we love you just as much?" Nico says as she starts crying with me. "We'll always be on your side, cap'n," Ward smile, a very rare sight. Axel smiles as well—the second decent smile I've seen today. "No matter what it is, whether you have a secret boyfriend or that you're a monster, you are who you are, babe. You can trust us to not throw you away."

     Tears pour down my eyes in happiness. Unable to articulate words for how I feel, I run up to them to have a group hug. "Aren't you forgetting about us?" Kiyosho says as he's about to cut us in half with that sharp blade of his.

     "And maybe you're forgetting that they are under our protection."

     I gasp and turn around to find my favourite uncle blocking the attack. From the corner of my eyes, I see Professor Ozpin blocking the other guy's sword.

     The twins quickly retreat and give each other warning signals with their eyes. Kiyoshi creepily smiles at me with that glint in his eyes, "We'll be coming for you, Dearest Faye Rose. Whether you like it, or not." That's the last thing they say before both of them zoom back into the box, the said object disappearing as if it were never there to begin with.

     We stand there for a few seconds, thinking about what just happened, before Uncle Qrow turns around and gives me a serious look, "We need to talk." Oh boy, this can't be good.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~ Lyragirl11