Chapter II. Crossed-out Depression PT. 1

3rd Person View

But when that Sans comes closer to him, Nightmare immediately says, "ST-STAY AWAY FROM ME!", this guy, however didn't fear him, "Why do I have to stay away from you?", "D-don't you fear me? I'm the one who gives nightmares, but why aren't you sc-scared?", Nightmare said to him, yes, why this guy isn't scared of him? Everyone is scared of Nightmare! "Silly, there is no such thing as scary, maybe you just see yourself wrong. Oh, my name's Cross, what about you?"

"M-my name is..."
________________________________________________________________________________

"M-my name is... Nightmare.", the hurt skeleton in black said with sadness, this other skeleton in black and white happily responded, "Nightmare, huh? That's a cool name!", "Speaking of where, Mr. Cross why am I here..?", Nightmare questioned this Cross guy, "Cross is just fine, Nightmare. I just saw you at the forest in Underfell, you passed out, so I examined the cause, it was because of your wrist...", Cross, talking about the scars of Nightmare's wrists. Nightmare, being reminded of his wrist, took a look and is covered by bandage wrap. "Why did you have to save me?", Nightmare, about to cry, "Because I don't want to see anyone die, y'know!", Cross said his reason why.

Nightmare examines the whole room; it seems like he can't find his knife. "Where is my knife..?", Nightmare questioned Cross with a depressing tone, "I confiscated it, I don't want to see anyone doing self-harm, y'know! " Cross prevents Nightmare from cutting himself but... "YOU CAN'T! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON TO MY LIFE! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! NOW GIVE IT TO ME!", Nightmare screamed loud as Cross sees him crying, "S-sorry...", Nightmare silently apologized. Seeing Nightmare's outburst, Cross' sympathy to him grew as he wiped the tears of Nightmare.

"I want to know first why you needed that knife.", Cross said to Nightmare, to know and solve his problem. "W-well... s-since I gave some n-nightmares to some people... Th-they hated it a-as w-well as I... I f-feel pity to those p-people but... my brother Dr-dream told me that it's my j-job... T-the more I give people nightmares, they hated me... so I q-quit and had an argument with my b-brother yesterday... Then I left a s-suicide note at the wall on my room to l-let him k-know that I-I'm going to d-die today...", Nightmare finally said his problem at Cross, thinking of how to resolve Nightmare's depressed state. After thinking of resolving Nightmare's depressed state, "Hey, why not let's go somewhere?! We can have fun on Underswap!", Cross happily said on Nightmare, whose eyesockets were widened, "B-but-", Nightmare was only cut off by Cross, "Don't be such a wet blanket Nightmare, maybe they can apologize to you if you explain everything to them! If you can't do it yourself, then I'll do it!", Cross' words only made Nightmare sigh in both defeat and worry. Later, Nightmare agreed to Cross' idea. A very bad idea it is.

"Take my hand!", Cross said to Nightmare, and he does so. They disappeared on the room and find themselves on the mountain, seeing the beautiful scenery, Cross holds Nightmare's hand, "Let's go Nightmare! Let's go on Blueberry's house!!!", Cross said with excitement, as Nightmare tried to slow Cross down, Cross is about to fall down on the ground; he faced on Nightmare. Cross fell down and feels the pain on this back; luckily, they didn't land on mud. Cross closed his eyesockets automatically. Nightmare got fell down only on top of Cross; when he feels the warm, fluffy sash of Cross, he couldn't help it, he unconsciously hugged Cross.

Cross, still feeling the pain, and he felt another feeling. A tight feeling on his body, Cross opened his eyes, it was Nightmare cuddling him, Cross blushed at that moment, "Uhh... Nightmare? I want to let go.", Cross said awkwardly as he sees Nightmare blushing, Cross couldn't help it but giggle at Nightmare. "I-I'm sorry!", Nightmare begs Cross for mercy, "Really? There is nothing to be sorry for! Ah, can you please get me up here? It hurt alot.", Cross requested Nightmare to help him. He accepted the request, he steps on the ground to get up, he gives a hand to Cross to get up, "Thank you!", Cross said in a happy tone as he gets up slowly. "Let's continue; let's not rush!", Cross said happily as he walk. Nightmare, however, pokes Cross' shoulders, "Hmm? Nightmare, what do you need?", Cross questioned Nightmare, he tugs on something behind Cross, "A-ahh?! My glorious sash?! What'll you do to it?!?!", Cross exclaimed about his sash, "I want it...", Nightmare said. "O-ok... please just return it to me anytime soon!", Cross requested Nightmare to return it in the future. As Cross struggled to remove the sash, he gave it to Nightmare. Nightmare sees some dust on the sash, he gets rid of it. Satisfied, Nightmare now used it like a scarf, its coziness and fuzziness keeps him alive inside. "Feeling better?", Cross questioned Nightmare, he just nodded at Cross.

"Thank you.", are the only words Nightmare mumbled.

________________________________________________________________________________

Total Words : 826

Xeiki: Wow! This chapter made me struggle alot, like, forever!

Kei: Lunatic Eyes Remixed by Cool&Create did help you alot.

Xeiki: Yeah! Listening to it makes me feel alive, it's like when you have Cross' glorious sash!

Kei: Really? But one thing...

Xeiki: Yep?

Kei: How come that Cross' still happy when he felt pain on his back? Oh, and is the dust on Cross' sash monster dust?

Xeiki: He hid his emotion, and why in the heck would I put dead monsters on Underswap?

Kei: You just did that on 'The Lost Sanity'.

Xeiki: It's different from here! Ugh...

Kei: Let's rest from now on. BYE FOLKS BYE!

Xeiki: Correction: bOI folks!