Chapter 5

I don't own anything except Cara and my ideas!

Cara POV

   I was flying on a griffin. I felt Edmund grip my waist tighter. I looked at the castle in the dark. This is not a good idea, I thought. The griffin dropped us off on the roof of a tower. The guard looked back at us. But we hid. He looked forward but the griffin had picked him up by the shoulders and flew away. Edmund and I dropped down to his spot. Edmund looked down before looking at me. He nodded. I used my magic to make a flashing light. I looked at the sky and saw griffins coming, holding the others. "This better work," I whispered, still flashing light from my hand. Edmund put my hand down and started using his torch.

   I saw a guard look up at us and point a crossbow at us. I got my bow and arrow out and shot him at the same time Susan did. Edmund stopped flashing light and looked at Peter, Susan , Caspian and Trumpkin. As was I. We gave each other a look. 

~

   Edmund and I were just sitting around. He was throwing with torch and flipping it when it fell off the tower. "You idiot!" I whispered. We both leaned over looking at it. I tried to levitate it up but I saw a guard coming. I quickly dropped it. Edmund and I started walking down the tower slowly and quietly. I saw the guard pick up the torch and flash it in his face. This is going to ruin everything! I thought. I glared at Edmund and he just looked at me, not knowing what to do. I heard bells chime. Oh no! I thought. I looked at Edmund with wide eyes. Edmund jumped on top of the guard. He got out his sword and started fighting him. I slid down and started fighting him too. The guard slashed my side. I groaned, as I fell back.

   "Edmund now!" I heard Peter yell.

   "I'm a bit busy, Pete!" He yelled back. I winced as I lifted my hand us and tried to signaled the troops but I was too weak. I saw Edmund fighting the guard still. To be honest it was pretty hot. Not now Cara we are at war! The guard knocked his sword out of his hand and Edmund picked up the torch and hit him with it, knocking the guard out.

   "Are you okay?" he asked.

   I shook my head. He helped me up, carefully. He started banging his torch because it wasn't working. "Come on," he muttered. His hand was still around my waist. He finally got it to turn on and started signaling the troops. Edmund helped me climb up on a roof while we heard commotion. We looked down and saw everyone fighting. I tried to keep an eye on some certain people but it was too difficult. 

    We saw archers come out in front of us. By now, my wound hurt less and I could fight. Edmund and I slid down the roof and took out 2 men. "Ed!" I heard Peter say. We both looked and say the archers looking at us. Well thanks for warning me too Peter. Edmund took my hand and rushed me into a room. The archers shot their arrows but I held up my hand making the door close and the arrows not being able to come through. We sat there looking at each other, not knowing what to do. 

   Edmund quickly rushed me out the side of the other door. He took his torch and placed it as a lock. "What are we supposed to do now?!" I asked, seeing that we were trapped.

   "I don't know," he responded. I heard the archers trying to get in. I looked at Edmund and he looked back. He looked down once more. The door was becoming more weak. "Do you trust me?" he asked.

   I looked at him confused, "Yes but why are you asking me that?" Suddenly the door broke down. Two guards came out. Edmund put a hand around my waist and started backing up. I winced when he pressed a little to hard on my wound. "Edmund what are you doing?"  

   Then he fell back with me in his arms. I sighed a breath of relief as we landed on a griffin. It soared up and made the archers move back. We soared over where the fighting was happening. I looked down and saw many Narnians and guards dead.

   "Oh my god!" I said trying to hold in a sob. We soared past Peter and I glared at him. 

   "We're almost back, Just hold on," Edmund said. I sighed leaning into his back and started crying. You have a storm coming at you Peter Pevensie.