Chapter 1

I don't own anything except for Cara and my ideas!

Cara POV

   I'm sitting at a table in Trufflehunter, Trumpkin and Nikabrik's hut. I just sit there, staring at the table while they talk. All of a sudden, I hear the pounding feet of horses. I look up and see everyone looking at me. 

   I quickly follow Nikabrik and Trumpkin outside. I see a boy, with brown hair, on the ground. He scurries back a little when he sees us. "He's seen us," says Nikabrik.

   I see him glance at his sword. Apparently Trumpkin does too because he takes out his dagger and goes toward him. This is wrong, I think. He backs up even more. Trumpkin glances at the ground and I see what he is looking at, Queen Susan's horn. I stare at it.

   I hear a horse in the background. I look towards where the sound came from. Trumpkin looks back at us. "Take care of him," he says. He goes towards the horses. 

   "Trumpkin! No!" I yell. Nikabrik walks towards the boy while I just stand there, not knowing what to do. I hear the horses getting closer and look to see Trumpkin moving faster. 

   The boy quickly grabs the horn. "No!" Nikabrik and I say together. But we were to late. He blows the horn. Nikabrik quickly hits him and he passes out. He looks at me with a knowing look. I look back at him and sigh. Then I remember something, "Where's Trumpkin?"

~

   Trufflehunter and Nikabrik were talking while I was staring at the wall, thinking about Trumpkin. I looked over and saw the boy was watching Nikabrik and Trufflehunter. He saw me looking at him and quickly looked away. I smirked.

   He quickly got out of his spot and tried to run for it. Nikabrik quickly got out his knife while the boy, took one of the fire irons. Trufflehunter kept telling them to stop but they kept fighting. He looked at me for help. I sighed. I waved my hand and they both froze. "I told you we should have killed him when we had the chance," said Nikabrik, not fazed by being frozen in place. The boy was looking at me in curiosity. 

   "You know why we can't!" exclaimed Trufflehunter. I looked at him, confused.

   "If we are taking a vote, I am with him," the boy said nodding to Trufflehunter, his accent standing out. 

   "You know we can't let him go! He's seen us!" said Nikabrik, going at him again. Oops, I must have undid the spell. Trufflehunter looked at me and I shrugged. 

   "That's enough Nikabrik! Or do I have to sit on your head again?" I giggled. Nikabrik glared at me. "And you! Look what you made me do!" He told the boy. The look on his face was pretty funny. "I spent all morning on that soup," I heard him mumble. I giggled again.  Trufflehunter looked at me. "Your not that precious either."

   "We all know I'm not," I said smirking. I used my magic to help him pick up the soup. The boy looked between us. 

   "W-what are you?" he questioned. 

   "You know, it's funny that you would ask that. You think more people would know a badger when they saw one," said Trufflehunter. I laughed. The boy looked speechless. 

   "No, I mean, your Narnians," He said looking at Nikabrik. "They're supposed to be extinct."

   "Sorry to disappoint you," Nikabrik said walking away. 

   "Would you like us to go kill ourselves?" I asked sarcastically. The boy ignored me and stayed quiet. 

   "There you go, still hot,"said Trufflehunter coming back into the room with soup. I looked at him curiously. 

   "Since when did we own a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?" asked Nikabrik.

   "No, I'm not a solider. I am Prince Caspian," he said. My eyes widened. Both Nikabrik and Trufflehunter looked at me. I stood up and walked over to him. I slapped him across the face. He quickly brought his hand to his face in shock. Trufflehunter came over to me. 

   "Come dear, sit down. Lets just hear what he has to say," he said.

   "What are you doing here?"asked Nikabrik. I looked down, trying to not let my tears fall. 

   "Running away," Caspian said. I looked up, only to see him looking down. Both Nikabrik and Trufflehunter shared a look.

   "My uncle, has always wanted my throne," he said putting down the fire thing. "I suppose, I've only lived this long because he hasn't had an air to the throne." I suddenly felt bad for slapping him. 

   "That changes things," says Trufflehunter.

   "Yeah," replied Nikabrik. "We don't have to kill you ourselves." I glared at him.

   "You are right," said Caspian. I quickly looked at him. 

   "Where are you going," I asked. He started putting on his clothes. 

   "My uncle won't stop until I'm dead."

   "But, you can't leave. Your meant to save us," Trufflehunter explains. Caspian looks at him and then me. "Don't you know what this is?" He held up Susan's horn. Caspian stared at it. He sighed and looked at me nodding.