Chapter 3

I don't own anything except Cara and my ideas!

Cara POV

   I winced at all the yelling. Everyone was pointing at Caspian, threatening him. I was blocking out everything until Caspian said, "You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?"

   I sighed, not wanting this fight to go on. "Accountable..... and punishable," said Nikabrik. 

   "That is rich coming from you, dwarf," said Reepicheep. "Or have you forgot it was your people who have fought along side the white witch!"

   "And I would do it again! If it would rid us of these barbarians!" 

   "And it's not in your power to bring her back! Or are you suggesting we ask this boy to go against us right now?" Trufflehunter cut in. The crowd got loud again.

   "Shut up!" I yelled. While I did a gust of wind went through everyone. Caspian nodded to me, thanking me. 

   "Some of you might have forgotten," Trufflehunter started. " But we badgers remember well. Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was king." That got to me. I know I'm not a son but I am a daughter and I have been here the whole time! Only Nikabrik, Trufflehunter, Trumpkin and Glenstorm knew that. I sighed and decided to call it a night. I turned around and walked away, finding a nice place to sleep.

~

   I woke up to swords clanging. I quickly got up and grabbed my bow and arrows along with my sword. I ran to where the noise was coming from to see Caspian fighting and a blond boy. The boy knocked Caspian's sword out of his hand. He swung his sword but got it caught in a tree. Caspian kicked him back and tried to get the sword out of the tree. The boy picked up and rock and was about to hit Caspian. 

   "Stop!" I yelled,while flicking my hand, and the boy froze. Caspian nodded at me in gratitude.

   "Why am I frozen?!" asked the boy. I was about to say something when a little girl came up.

   "Unfreeze him, Cara," Trufflehunter said. I sighed and unfroze him. The boy looked around, seeing all the Narnians gathered around.

   "Prince Caspian?" the boy asked in confusion.

   "Yes. And who are you?" he asked. I leaned back against a tree, watching in amusement. 

   "Peter!" I heard a girl yell. I looked seeing a tall girl with brown hair and a boy next to her. My eyes lingered on him for a moment before I saw Trumpkin come up behind them. I sighed in relief. 

   "Trumpkin!" I yelled running over to him. I kneeled next to him, hugging him tight.

   I looked back up when I heard Caspian say, "High King Peter."

   "I believe you called," Peter said. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

   "Well, yes, but I thought you'd be older," Caspian explained. I tried to hold in my laugh. 

   "Well if you'd like, we could come back in a few years."

   "No! It is alright. You are not exactly what I expected," Caspian said looking at Susan.

   "Neither are you," Edmund said looking at a Minotaur then at me, still kneeling down next to Trumpkin. I smiled.

   "A common enemy even unites the oldest of foes," Trufflehunter wisely said. I rolled my eyes. 

   "Really Trufflehunter?" I questioned. He shrugged. 

   "We had anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service," said Reep.

   "Oh my gosh he is so cute," I heard someone say. Welp, you messed up.

   Reep pulled out his sword. "Who said that?!"

   "Sorry," Lucy said sheepishly. 

   "Uh, your majesty. Greatest respect. I do believe courteous, courageous or chivalrous, might be more of a fit for a Knight of Narnia," Reep explained. I rolled my eyes. 

   "At least we know some of you can handle a blade," Peter said, looking at me. I glared at him. 

   "Yes indeed, and I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army sir."

   "Good, because we're gonna need every sword we can get." Caspian looked over at me and I looked back.

   "Well then, you will probably be wanting yours back," Caspian said. I stood up and went next to Caspian. We have formed a brotherly/sister bond in the time being.

   "And who might you be? Another Telmarine?" asked Peter. I glared at him.

   "Cara. Don't," I heard Trumpkin say.

   Peter looked at me surprised. "You're Cara?"

   "Yes! Got a problem with that? "

   "I was expecting something a little different. So what can you do?" he asked. 

   I looked at him and smirked. I flicked my hand and made him go flying into a tree. I quickly went over to him and started choking him with my powers. "Let's make something clear, King or not, I do not take orders from you and you will not tell me what to do! Do you understand?" He nodded quickly. "Good!" I let go and he started gasping for air. I saw Edmund looking at me while smirking. I walked past everyone while they got out of my way. When I walked past Glenstorm he stopped me.

   "Did you really have to do that?" he asked. I nodded. He sighed. "Get on before you hurt anyone else."

   I smirked and got on his back. "Let's go."