Chapter 2

I don't own anything except Cara and my ideas!

Cara POV

   Trufflehunter, Nikabrik and I were following Caspian in the woods. Suddenly I stepped on a branch, and winced. "I can hear you," Caspian said turning around. We peeked out from behind our trees.

   Trufflehunter walked out, me following. "I just want you to wait for the kings and queens," he said. I rolled my eyes. Why is everyone so fond of them? They abandoned us! Caspian looked at us before walking again. "Fine! Go then! See as the others will be as understanding!"

   I smiled thinking of the others. "Well maybe I'll come with you," said Nikabrik. "Wanna see you explain things to the Minotaur's."

   I giggled, "Oh that will be a treat!"

   "Minotaur's?" questioned Caspian. "They're real?"

   "And very bad tempered," Trufflehunter explained. 

   "And not the mention they're big," said Nikabrik. 

   "Huge," added Trufflehunter.

   "Don't scare the poor boy!" I said, seeing Caspian's uneasy face. 

   "What about Centaurs?" he asked, suddenly interested. "Do they still exist?"

   "Well the Centaurs will probably fight on your side, but there's no telling what the others will do," said Trufflehunter. Nikabrik, Trufflehunter and I walked ahead. 

   "What about Aslan?" I stopped, hearing his name. I looked beside me, seeing that Nikabrik and Trufflehunter stopped too.  I walked up to him, threateningly.

   "How do you know so much about us?!" I asked. 

   "Stories," he said, not affected. I backed away. 

   "Your father told you stories about Narnia?" asked Trufflehunter. 

   "No, my professor," Caspian explained. I rolled my eyes, of course his father wouldn't. "Listen I am sorry. These are not the kind of questions you should be asking!"

   He stormed past us. We all looked at each other. All of a sudden Trufflehunter started sniffing the air. "What is it?" asked Nikabrik.

   "Humans," he said looking at me. My eyes widened. 

   "Him?"

   "No. Them!" We all looked to see guards coming towards us. 

   "Run Cara!" exclaimed Nikabrik. I quickly backed up a few paces, trying to conceal my magic.

   "I will use my magic if they hurt you!" I said.

   "Why does she need to be far away?" asked Caspian.

   "The guards have been searching for her since her parents died," explained Trufflehunter. 

   "Everyone run!" Yelled Trufflehunter. With that we all broke out into a run. I could hear an arrow being shot at me. I lifted up my hand to make it fall to the ground. I started to hear many more arrows and decided to just run for my life instead of wasting my magic on that. 

   I heard Trufflehunter groan. I looked back to see him on the ground. "Trufflehunter!" I quickly ran over with Nikabrik and Caspian behind me. 

   "Oh no," I heard Nikabrik say. 

   "Wait, I'll go," said Caspian. 

   "Take it. Go! It's more important than I am!" said Trufflehunter, handing Caspian Susan's horn. I rolled my eyes. Suddenly I was angry.

   I got up from the ground. I put my arms out beside me, ready to shot my magic, when a guard went down. I looked at him in confusion when I saw another do the same. I smirked, knowingly. I saw Caspian get up with Trufflehunter and start running. Traitor, I thought. I stayed where I was just in case I was needed. But it looked like everything was going good. I started hearing squeaking noises. I couldn't help but laugh. "Come on Cara!" I heard Caspian yell. I rolled my eyes and started jogging up to him. 

   When I caught up, Caspian was handing Trufflehunter to Nikabrik. "Get him out of here," he said. "Cara and I have this." He took his sword out.

   "What makes you think I want to stay here with you?" I asked. He glared at me and I rolled my eyes. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. I leaned back into a tree. I saw the last guy go down and I smirked. Caspian looked confused. He got in a fighting stance. Then he got taken down by Reepicheep.

   "Chose your last words carefully, Telmarine!" Reepicheep exclaimed, pointing his sword at Caspian.

   "You are a mouse." I rolled my eyes, at his choice of words.

   He sighed. "I was hoping for something a little more original. Pick up your sword," he said. Caspian looked at his sword then up at him. He glared at me as I smirked. He looked back at Reepicheep.

   "Uh. No thanks," he said. 

   "Pick it up!" Reepicheep demanded. "I will not fight an unarmed men."

    "Which is why I might live longer if I chose not to cross blades with you, my noble mouse," said Caspian. 

   "I said I wanted to fight you, I didn't say I would let you live!" Reep said, putting his sword closer to Caspian's face. I decided to help now.

   "Awe Reep, that's not very nice," I said, fake pouting. Reep looked at me and smiled.

   "Cara!"

   "Reepicheep. Stay your blade!" I heard Trufflehunter say. I looked behind me to see Trufflehunter on the ground with Nikabrik beside him. 

   "I trust you have a very good reason for this timely interruption!" Reep exclaimed.

   "He doesn't. Go ahead," said Nikabrik. I tried to hold in my laugh. 

   "He's the one who blew the horn!" explained Trufflehunter.

   "What?" Reep asked in disbelief. 

   "Then let him bring it forward." We all looked to see Glenstorm, with other Centaurs behind him. "This is the reason we have gathered." I smiled, tears in my eyes.

   "Glenstorm!" I ran up to him hugging his feature. I felt him hug me back.

   "Cara, my darling. Come. Everyone has missed you!"