I can't be selfish, I reminded myself.

With that thought, I placed a tender kiss on her forehead and forced myself to pull away.

I stood up, continuing to watch her intrigued by her sleeping.

Many minutes passed of quietness, the only noises was her indistinct breathing.

A faint buzz sound came from her phone that sat on the bedside table. The screen flashed with the name 'Noah' in bold letters.

New message:
Can't sleep. Thinking about you. Let's hang out later today? Just me and you.

I felt anger swirling like a red tide within, rising to choke me. My breath became harsh and shallow, my hands automatically curling into fists at my sides, itching to swing out and put a dent in the wall beside me.

She was mine. Only mine.

My mind whirling with thoughts that only made me assume the worst. The feeling of jealousy was slowly growing into my skin, filling my blood. Making my eyes go dark, and my mouth become a straight line.

I needed to leave, before I lost control right then and there.

She's moved on.

I felt betrayed, weakened to the core. All this time I thought she'd be grieving, as painful as I was. But she was far from that, she was recovering. I envied that.

It all came flooding in, the emotions were unbearable.

Anger, sadness, jealously, aggression, and panic.

All of it came at once and I couldn't take the agony.

I stormed out the house, frantically into my Porsche across the street.

It settled in, and after all the emotional trauma, it was replaced with vengeance and obsession.

The compulsion and passion was exceptionally more extreme than ever before. It drove my crave into an addicted mindset.

She was all I thought about. And now, so was Noah.

**

Achingly, she joined Noah.

They had dinner at an open patio restaurant on the downtowns avenue, in the evening.

I parked my car across the street from the grill and observed them closely.

Their body language was strong, it was obvious he wanted her. Noah gazed at her with heavy eyes filled with curiosity.

They also enjoyed their food with a humorous conversation going on as they sipped warm tea.

My teeth were gnashing together as I gripped the steering wheel unable to tame myself.

She was a flame and he was burning bright for her.

*

*

Noah and her gently grew close, leaving me on edge. I felt my nails digging into my palms in anger.

I wanted to eliminate him.

I then thought about Danica's happiness, he seemed to fill in the void of my absence for her. Therefore, I convinced myself to not kill him.

Then another thought ran across my mind... would she choose me over him if I returned?