Errors

I decided to get in from a window that was slightly cracked open. In order to do so, I had to climb on the vines that were staggering high.

It was difficult, but I managed.

Once prying the window open with one hand, I squeezed through the pane and got in.

It was another bathroom, but this was connected to a bedroom.

Getting in, I jumped out of my skin when realized it was Marcello's.

In my luck, he wasn't in the room.

Eric's POV:

"What a pleasant surprise, Eric." I heard Marcello's voice echo from the living room.

I stood twelve feet from Marcello in front of the stairway. Except Marcello was clearly drunk. He was laughing consistently, and could not stand up correctly without nearly tipping over.

"Let's get this over with." I said.

"Not so fast," he slurred out his words, "Let me invite you a drink." Marcello began to wander into the kitchen which was filled with empty bottles of hard liquor everywhere.

He grabbed a frosted glass cup which seemed to be brand new

"I never even use these, I just drink it from the bottle." he snickered as he poured me some vodka. By the looks of it, the rest of the bottle was for himself.

I hesitated in taking the drink, but ended up drinking a small sip.

My eyes still locked onto him, making sure he wasn't playing any tricks.

Marcello slumped over the table and whined intoxicatingly, "Oh why can't we just hang out like old times?"

It's hard to believe that we once got along.

"Because you don't deserve anyone." I snapped at him.

"And you do?" Marcello bellowed getting up, "You knew I was in love with her! You knew it! And you took her from me! How could you? How could you be so damn evil?! You're the one who doesn't deserve friends! Hell! You don't deserve anyone!" Marcello's voice began to break down into tears, "She was the only thing I've ever loved, and you stole her from me."

My heart thumped unevenly at the heartbreak of his tone. I felt the pain in his voice. I can't go a day without regretting what I did.

My face turned soft, I hesitated for a moment, gathering the thoughts in what to say, "She wasn't loyal, she-"

Marcello rapidly cut me off, "And neither are you! I trusted you, with everything. You were the best man at our wedding!"

"I just came to make peace with you! I don't want to be reminded of these errors." I slammed my fist on the marble tabletop.

It was quiet for a while then Marcello broke the silence, "I'd love to, except there's one little thing I want. The ring. Where is it?"

"I'm not going to give you the ring." I wagged my head. He must be insane, it was for Danica. Not for him to reminisce about how Alecia's finger fit through it. This ring was very important to our family, and Marcello definitely didn't deserve it. Same goes for Alecia. 

"Why not! Mother gave it to me! It was mine to begin with!"

He was acting like a child, just like he always does.

"It was meant for my fiancé. She just felt bad for you because you never had a girlfriend before."

Marcello took a big sip from the spout of the bottle, "Oh, don't tell me you're going to propose Danica."

"I'm giving her the ring. It's hers."

Marcello shouted in anger, "No! You're not giving her that ring! It's Alecia's!"

"She's dead." I shot back, convincing myself to not maul him.

"I know, I go through nearly five bottles of booze each day just to try to forget about her." he slouched his shoulders staring at the bottom of the bottle.

"So it's settled. Danica's keeping the ring."

Marcello made a face, "How could she be so blind?"

I pulled my eyebrows together in curiosity and confusion, "What?"

"Is she naked because you love her? Or do you love her because she's naked?"

I began to contemplate deeply, I never asked myself that.

I felt guilty to admit that it had been a little bit of both.

I groaned at him, snapping out of my trance, "Stop manipulating me."

Something fell from the floor above. A loud thump drew our attention immediately.

"What was that? Did you bring someone with you?" Marcello panicked for whatever reason.

"No, I came alone." I was just as confused.

Marcello rushed up the stairs to the noise.

He sinisterly laughed, "Oh, look who we have here."