10. My First Official Day

Start from the beginning

At certain point in my staring-my-wife act, my mind wandered to today morning's happening between us in the honeymoon suite.
*
I had woken up before the break of dawn. To be frank, I never had a proper sleep so it can be said like I never even slept in the first place to wake up. I wandered through the suite and ultimately bringing in the courage to drop into Ri's room.

I found her in the same sleeping frame as this. Same as this, her hair flying frantically laying in all new direction out of the bun that she had made out of her hair, her bedspread tuck as high as her neck as though if she could she would have have snuggled deep inside her bedspreads. I had no mind to disturb her and so when I had unintentionally made few squeaky noise I was scared out of mind that they would wake her up. My quickened heart beat soon returned to their normal speed when she remain undistributed and unknown to what was happening in her surroundings. I soon made my way out of her room.

I went to the living room, took the newspaper, magazine and at last turned my attention to television when I was bored after going through the former. By that time I would have drank atleast two cups of green tea and a cup of milk powder made coffee. When I was downing my second cup of coffee I was startled to find Ri with her sexy bed hair wandering around to finally reach me. I politely offered her a cup of coffee which she accepted gracefully. The preparation of the coffee acted as a great source of distraction to her cute,sexy figure before me.

When I look back I do accept that I behaved a little more cocky which wasn't true to my nature. While her beauty acted as a turn on, her talks and the amount of disbelief that she placed on me provoked me too to behave so. I need to confess at this point that I was enjoying her confusion and disbelief when I displayed such attitude.

But my happiness was cut short when she mentioned about my lie and I was back to my sulk-yourself-for-the-mistake-that-you-did. I went back to an abnormal reserveness in nature sucking and crying for the spilt milk.

When she was talking with her family members, I remembered the fact that she want us to put up a perfect act before everyone. So I went near her and then after that meeting we were ready to go.

The whole of the drive and even to the point after we arrived home, I was dying of dire jealously induced by the friendship that my wife and best friend shared. Wasn't I the one that was so friendly with her? I was the one who took care of all her needs.

Once, I made a mistake, I was sacked out of that place and my best friend replaced it.

But when I could finally overcome my initial jealousy I was happy about the happiness and smile that my wife could spread in my best friend's face. Nivin wasn't this always grumpy, sulky and sharp-tongued man from the start. The time that I had met him he was the happiest, liveliest man I ever had met. Helpful, generous, passionate about his profession and totally philosophically happy about just being alive. But I'm not sure what happened along the way as I got myself busy with my so-called relationship with Seema, I didn't notice the gradual change in Nivin's demeanour. I noticed it when it was finally too late to do anything about it. He started giving bitter comments about love, life and everyone and everything he met with. Putting the blame on the pressure of his profession and people he met through it seemed a better option to me. I never tried to find the reason of his miseries and nor did he try to spill his heart out. Life continued just like that until I had brought Ri to have coffee with all of us. She proved to provoke emotions from two people to whom I though could never be provoked-- Seema and Nivin. Nivin had already read her novel and was a constant follower of her who followed her works and life along with Tejas who was a greater fan than Nivin. But when he met her for the first time his sarcastic self came forward rather than projecting himself as the fan that he is. He did feel sorry about that for a long time which he never expressed to me but I just noticed it anyway. Later when he got a chance to meet her which wasn't often he tried his level-best to put forward a good impression about him to her. But his sarcastic remarks always infuriated her and there goes his efforts to get a better impression.