26.4 - Growing Closer (D)

Start from the beginning

I was busy scaring the shit of me and confusing myself yet again.. when my phone started ringing... and no points of guessing, it was "Manik" on the call...I gathered myself again as I picked up the call

Me – Hey..!!

Manik – Well...Hello...what took you so long to pick up...??

(Note – the words in brackets will point out Nandini's thoughts...while the once without brackets and in bold would be what she'll actually speak)

Me – (I was preparing myself to get to talk to you)..I do not keep my phone glued to myself to answer it on the first ring (Rude Much...!! Uff Nandini,)

Manik – What's up with you...woke up on the wrong side of the bed kya..??

Me – (Woke up...haha...I didn't sleep only..beat that..!!) No nothing of that sort...why have you called...?? (pretty direct)

Manik – Just like that...thought of talking with you..!!

Me – (Oh..Manik!!...I wish you knew I am too baffled to have a sane conversation, Nandini disconnect the call before it ends up in a fight)...Umm Manik...I am kind of busy right now...Can we talk later..??

Manik – Busy...Are you sure Nandini...You are just busy and nothing else..??

Me – (Am I so transparent that everyone can guess my state just like that)...Yes why..?? Is it that only you can be busy..?? Oh wait with an architectural firm to run alongside music, you are a busy man but that doesn't mean that we are idle Mister..!!(Shit Nandini...what are you saying.. disconnect the call right away)

Manik – Well that's not what I meant...I know you can be tied up too..Sorry to bother you..!!

Me – (Now he is pissed..Kudos Nandini)...No wait Manik..Sorry...You know it is just that (No you can't tell him the truth...he will take the next flight to Delhi...think..think of an excuse)

Manik – Just what Nandini...??

Me – What..!!..yes just what..!! it is just that I was studying for the entrance bit and I just couldn't get a few problems right.. Geometry is tough..!!

Manik – Aray don't worry.. Listen if it is troubling you.. Leave it for now... We can do it together when you come here next week... You focus on other topics till then...!!

Me – (Geometry...seriously Nandini...You couldn't think of any other topic... Now when you'll go to Mumbai, Manik in a split second would realize that you are champion when it comes to geometry and then what will you say..??)

Manik – Hello...Nandini...You there..??

Me – Umm yes..!! (Wait I can No for the Mumbai visit next week...that would be perfect..!!) Manik listen I don't think I will be able to come to Mumbai next week..!!

Manik - No wait..I didn't hear you properly i guess..You are not coming here...Is that what you just said..??

Nandini - Yes Manik, that's exactly what I said..!!

Manik - But Nandini, what is the problem...I mean you come here on ever alternate weekend, so what is the problem now..??...Listen I am booking your tickets you are coming over...End of discussion..!!

Nandini –(What the hell...This Manik Aaiappa, he makes me so so angry...End of discussion seriously...!! now I don't have a say in my life or what..,No it is my life..My..) I need some time with myself Manik...Please stop dictating or taking decisions on my behalf...and this is the end of discussion..!!