19.2 The blows that broke it

Hello there...finally i got my laptop fixed and here I am with the update...I am sorry for the delay but I was helpless in this case...

Nonetheless..the update is of over 10K words so I have divided it into two parts...Both the parts will be updated today itself...Without any further ado, let's jump to the update...!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....Flashback Continues....!!

Two weeks had gone past since Manik stopped dropping and picking up Nandini. Though the decision had positive impact on Manik's physical health since his muscles got the much needed rest but his mental state was completely opposite since his brain nerves were restlessness because of the tension they were holding, rather overthinking they were busy doing all these days. They say an idle mind is a devil's workshop, and Manik was the latest victim of the idle devil. His insecurities were overpowering his calm to the extent that he failed to realize the turbulence they were causing in his relationship with Nandini. Their relationship was like a newly constructed road, smooth sailing without any bumps in the way but his insecurities were like the rain creating potholes everywhere making it a bumpy ride. Moreover, the sight of so-much-in-love-couples around him was creating a hollow of lonliness in his heart something that Nandini was not aware of primarily because Manik never shared his thoughts with her for he thought that she would understand like always. However, the fact that his over processing mind easily neglected was that earlier he and Nandini used to spend a considerable amount of time together and in such a scenario their silences were comforting, they didn't need words to express since their expression said it all. But in the current scenario, when they get do not get that time for each other, it was the highly important to let silence take the back seat for a while and allow words do all the talking. But as it is said that when someone is heading towards destruction, he or she starts thinking unintelligently or negatively and that is exactly what happened with Manik, all his sensibility and understanding were slowing leaving him.

Nonetheless, One night Nandini called up Manik, Manik picked it up on the second ring

Manik - Hi

Nandini - Hi Manik

Manik - How are you..??

Nandini - Can we meet..??

Manik - of course we can, I shall meet you tomorrow morning

Nandini - not tomorrow but today..can we meet today..!!

Manik - It is too late Nandini, I won't be able to get out of the house and on the top of that I am too tired...I'll meet you tomorrow morning, we'll go for a walk and may be if time permits we could even have breakfast together

Nandini - Hmm..but I wanted to meet today..no worries I'll see you tomorrow then

Nandini disconnected the call. She had called Manik since she was disturbed. She wanted to share it with him but something about the conversation gave her a hint that he was not fine. Not just the conversation, the happenings of the past few days gave her an idea that things are not fine with him, with their relationships. Nandini failed to understand what changed in their relationship. It was not like it was the first time she had called Manik and asked him to meet but this time he outrightly rejected her wish. Manik's behavior was puzzling Nandini but she couldn't pin point what was wrong. She decided to talk it out before the matter goes out of hand. She made a mental note of confronting him when they meet the next morning and thinking this she dozed off to sleep.