1-Nostalgic Flute Melody

Five years later

Sun rays tried to peep in from the little holes of maze like iron mesh covering the room window. Finally after almost half an hour of hits and misses, the rays finally hit the floor of the room and slowly and steadily moved towards the centrally placed bed covered with a blue and white bedsheet. The bed had two side tables on either side, one had magazines and a novel while the other on the right had a clock and mobile securely placed. The wall behind the bed was covered with paintings and photo frames arranged beautifully on the pastel wall. The sun rays silently admired the beauty of the room and illuminated every corner with their light as a token of appreciation. 

Finally the attention of the rays shifted to the silhouette covered with duvet lying on the bed

Finally the attention of the rays shifted to the silhouette covered with duvet lying on the bed. The mischievous rays troubled her deep slumber by poking her eyes with their light. Irritated with the unwanted intrusion, the girl pulled up her duvet to cover her eyes but the stubborn rays still continued their poking session adding heat as well to their energy. Just when the girl had enough of the powerful heated tortures of light, a melodious sound of the flute hit her eardrums which instantly calmed her down and broke her slumber as well

......Girl's POV..........

I, actually not me but my eyes were fighting with the tortures of the rays when a sweet melody hit my ears and instantly brought a smile on my lips.. you must be wondering ears and lips no connection right..well well let me tell you that those notes of the flute have magical powers...they calm me down...heal me and fill me with immense positivity that lasts all through the day..they are like a perfect start to my day and that's exactly why these notes come together merge in as my alarm tone..Oh Wait I forget to introduce myself..Hi..!!! I am Nandini...Nandini Murthy..I live in Gurgaon as this is where i am working since 5 years..so where was I..Oh yess..!! I just woke up to the soothing melody (please refer the media box for the melody)....

 Without switching it off I got up from my bed...folded the duvet and moved to the kitchen to make a cup of tea for myself.....the music was still playing..I got this masterpiece almost 8 years back..."lagi tumse man ki lagan" I loved this song and I loved flute..so one fine day HE decided to merge my two loves into one beautiful piece of melody and gave it to me...when I asked why this..he just said.."you love them and I love you... I don't want your love to be scattered in different directions so this, by listening to this one piece you will find yourself closer what you love whenever and wherever you want and will remind you of me..and who knows listening to this you might just fall in love with me too".. Awww..how adorably cute my man was..by then, I had not fallen for him..this piece was the first step towards it.. probably for the first time I had honestly thought about the idea of we being US and took it seriously... sometimes I wish he hadn't given me this... things would have been so different..may be my feelings wouldn't have reached the pinnacle..they would have been somewhere near the surface...in that case it wouldn't have hurt that much when being dropped to the ground...may be I would have been in a better state..not like today where after being pushed from the pinnacle I feel emotionally paralysed

You might be wondering why I am still listening to this despite of every memory it brings along..the answer is simple, It gives me PEACE. Though I hate to admit this but the fact remains that in these nostalgic flute tunes lie my solace. I remember 4 years back, when I paid visit to my home, my Amms said "Kanna you should listen to this music all day because you smile only when you listen to this". I couldn't agree more with her. I was miserable when I visited her..Over the years, this melody has somehow made me stronger..listening to it reminds me to be cautious especially when it comes to the matter of hearts..through all highs and lows it has been the only constant of my life...Yes it reminds me of the hard times but it also reminds me of the good times before the fate got twisted and also of how I got out of hard times confident and stronger ...

I was still in lost in my thoughts when I realized that the tune has changed and new tune is similar to my phone's ringtone...I grabbed the phone from the side table and picked up the call

Me – Hello

Caller – Hello How are you..??

Me – Fine...Batao call kyun kiya ?? (tell me why did you call??)

Caller – (in dramatic tone)What !!! Now I need a reason to call my own sister, God yahi din dekhna reh gaya tha..!! (God only this day was left to see)

Me – Stop with your drama Abhi...if you've called me this early to listen to crappy pleading to God, then let me tell you I am not interested..I have better things to do...in fact I would be doing them if you hadn't called to interrupt

Abhi – Important thing...hmm...at 7 in the morning and that too on a Sunday...wait..!!... Let me guess...aisa kya interrupt kar diya maine ki tu mini hulk ban gayi (what is it that I have interrupted that has turned you into a mini hulk) (after a pause of few seconds) Oh shit I forgot... Sorry Sorry ..!!..

Me – (Shouting over the Phone) ABHIIIII..........you seriously want me to kill you, don't you..??

Abhi – I know Lady Hulk I am dead...and I am apologizing na...I know you were listening to your favourite music which by the way is your alarm tone which rings thrice before it self-snoozes and since you never disconnect your alarm once it starts ringing you listen to it thrice every morning like a prayer with a sweet smile on your face..But today due to my call your morning prayer ended ,actually, got interrupted before time and this is why you are angry....Am I right or I am right...??

Me – What seriously Abhi....One minute How do you know about my alarm and all the technicalities..??

Abhi – Good Question..Well I know a lot more about you little sis..But about this...Amms told me No Actually warned me not to disturb you at this time but I had something really important to share so couldn't wait...I know by now you must have lost your smile and donned a serious face but I promise I can bring your smile back...I am sure of it..!!

Me – Really and what will you do to bring it back

Just then my doorbell rang taking me by surprise

Me – Who is this at this time...today the maid is also on leave...!!

Abhi – You would know if you'd open the door....

Abhi casually stated the obvious.  I moved to towards to the door, checked through the peep-hole and opened the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Part 1 done....Hope you guys like it

So who do you think is at the door...will Abhi be able to bring her smile back...??

****Reminder****The link to flute version of "Lagi tumse mann ki lagan" is in the media box..sharing it here too!!

That's it from me today...See you guys...Cheers..!!