Rk silently watched Madhu feed Ruhi her favorite 'apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top'.

"You want some?" Madhu offered.

"No, thanks" he smiled but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing" he reassured her. "You want something to have? I will go get it for you." he tried to escape from the awkward situation.

"No, I don't think she will eat this fully so I will eat the leftover"

"Hmm"

"She really bit you hard I guess... " she said in concern. "... your cheek is turning purplish." she pointed to his cheek.

"Never mind"

"What's bothering you, Rk?" Madhu asked exasperatedly. "Are you angry with what Ruhi did? She is just a baby so please forgive her"

"First think I am not angry at all. I am just disturbed."

"Disturbed?"

"Madhu please"

"Alright" then turning to Ruhi she said "Eat quickly Ruhi, we are getting late."

"Enuf" Ruhi pouted.

"You only ate two spoons Ruhi. For this only you made us walk this long at this time of the night?" Madhu chided. Ruhi pouted her lips and pushed the plate to her daddy's side.

"Eat, papa" she said more like an order.

Rk smiled and took a bite. Madhu glared at him.

"What now?"

"You didn't eat when I offered you?"

"Hey! I am really not im the mood to eat... but I can't say no to Ruhi... "

"Why so? You can say no to me but not to her?"

"Madhu, don't behave childish"

"Now I am childish! Great!"

Rk sighed tiredly. "I am sleepy. Shall we go home?" he asked.

"Who will eat this apple pie?"

"Just leave it"

"Next time you are not bringing her to eat out late night after she had her dinner. She just had her cookies and croissant and a bottle of milk.. You knew she wouldn't eat even two bites of it but still you brought her this long just because your princess asked for it and you can't deny her wish."

"What's wrong in granting her small wish? I am happy she ate at least two bites of her pie." he argued

"Mama, I feel sleepy" she threw her hands up for her momma to pick her up.

Madhu let the argument go and picked up Ruhi and placed her on her hips. Rk paid the bill and led them out of the restaurant.

"I will carry her?" he asked.

"No. It's fine" Madhu denied and soon they arrived at their home.
Madhu headed straight to her bedroom and put Ruhi on the bed who had already fallen asleep on their way back home. She placed pillows on either side so thst she won't fall down and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Madhu waited for half hour for Rk to join them in their bed but he didn't come. "What's wrong with him?" she wondered. Usually he will be dying to sleep with them in their bed but today he went straight to his room after kissing a sleeping Ruhi and wishing Madhu good night.

Madhu couldn't take it anymore. She decided to go ask him. She stepped out of her bed and went to the last room skipping the middle room which was Ruhi's but she never slept in there.