Part 24

"Bittuji and Roma I want you two to take care of all the decoration works. I want our house to look grandeur and colorful with balloons, lights, streamers, flowers and other decorative things." Rk instructed to Bittuji and Roma. It was also Rk's plan to make them work together so that they can work out something between them. In short, a bonding time.

"Madhu and I will go and check with the cater service and finalize the dinner menu."

"Chief, what about Ruhi? Will you take her along with you?"

"Um... I'm planning to take her because you guys will be busy..."

"Rk, I can look after her." Sofia volunteered.

"Will you be able to manage her?" he asked doubtfully as she was 5 months pregnant.

"Yes, of course I can. She is such a sweet child."

"Sweet she is but naughty too. I don't want you to exert yourself running after her."

"Ruhi, baby, will you stay with Sofia aunty?" Madhu asked to Ruhi who was sitting on her hip and playing with her momma's hair. Madhu was no more jealous of Sofia. She realized that Rk and Sofia indeed share a brother-sister relation.

"Okie, mama." Ruhi agreed and kissed her momma's cheek.

"Don't trouble Sofia aunty, okay?" Madhu warned her in a gentle tone.

"Okie, mama"

"My darling is such a good girl." Rk took his daughter from Madhu and kissed her cheek.

"Can I play with her, papa?" she asked cutely

"Yes, sweetie you can but no running and jumping. I don't want you to fall and hurt yourself, okay?"

"Okie, papa" she smiled sweetly. Rk then handed over Ruhi to Sofia and taking Madhu's hand in his he walked out of their house.

~~0~~

"You seem so excited?" Rk asked noticing the pleasant smile playing on her face throughout the day.

"I'm actually so happy." She confessed. "It's our Ruhi's birthday tomorrow. It feels like just yesterday... I held her in my arms... she was so soft and tiny..." she said feeling nostalgic. "Oh God! I can't explain exactly what I felt then... I just wished I could freeze the moment, right there... and live in it forever..." Uff! She breathed out and looked upwards. "I don't think I will ever get that moment again." She said with a sigh. Rk wished to say they can recreate that special moment and promise her that this time he will also be there by her side to love her and their babies but he didn't say not wanting to spoil her good mood. "... and now she is with me for two years." She felt so emotional to speak. "I have and I will cherish every moment with her, Rk. She is the best thing ever happen to me. Thanks to you." she took his hand in hers and kissed it taking him by surprise. Not even in his wildest dream he would have expected her to kiss him. He just gave her smile and looked out of the window unseeing the scenes moving. He felt sad realizing what all he missed in his life.

~~0~~

"Soiee, you big" Ruhi said to Sofia pointing her five months pregnant belly. Sofia laughed hearing Ruhi call her "Soiee"

"There is a baby in here so my tummy is big." Sofia said pulling Ruhi's chubby cheek. Ruhi's eyes widen hearing her. She scrambled back on the table and moved away from Sofia who was sitting on the dining chair and feeding Ruhi.

"Come, here... I can't reach you when you go far away. Come closer so that I can feed you."

"No. You will eath (eat) me." Ruhi pushed the fruit basket kept on the table and all the fruits rolled down. "You eath (eat) babies. You bad." Ruhi picked an orange and threw it at Sofia but it landed little shorter.