Part 4

"No one at home?" Rk asked the gate keeper seeing Madhu's house main door locked.

"Madhu madam has gone to hospital" the gate keeper, Patil answered.
"What? What happened to Ruhi?" Rk asked in panic.
"Ruhi baby is fine. Madhu madam slipped in bathroom & hurt her left arm."
"Oh! Which hospital?" Rk asked. He was quite relieved that Ruhi was safe but bit worried for Madhu as she was solely taking care of Ruhi.
"City Hospital" Patil replied. Rk just nodded at him & drove his car to the hospital.

"Ruhi, baby, stop crying. Mama is fine" Madhu bounced Ruhi to console her by holding her with her right arm while her left arm had a sling bandage. She had a minor sprain but nothing severe.
"Give her to me, I will hold her" Madhu looked up to see Rk standing in front of her asking her to pass Ruhi to him.
"You?" she asked with a frown.
"How are you? Did you hurt your hand badly?" Rk asked her politely.
"I am fine. Now move!" Madhu said but Rk stood in front of them blocking their way. Madhu sighed & walked around him.
"Madhu, don't be stubborn. Give her to me. I will take her. See, she is crying."
Seeing her baby girl cry, she reluctantly agreed to pass her to him but little Ruhi didn't go to him.
"Boo... boo..." Ruhi cried loudly pointing to her Mother's wound.
"What?" Rk asked not understanding her language. "What she is telling? Why she is not coming to me?"
"She is scared..."
"Of what?" Rk asked perplexed.
"She saw me screaming in pain when I slipped & since then she is crying. Now, when the Doctor put injection to me, she got really scared."
"Oh! She loves you so much right?" Rk asked softly as he looked at Ruhi in wonder. She was a little girl but still she knew the meaning & value of love but he doesn't. Shame!
"Ruhi, baby, see, momma's hand is hurt... um... boo boo nah... so will you let Papa carry you?" Rk opened his hands for her, Ruhi looked down at her Momma's face, then at her injured hand & quickly jumped into her Papa's arms so that she won't be hurting her momma. Rk was so surprised with Ruhi's intelligence & her understanding quality.
When Madhu was about to get a cab, Rk insisted he will drop them home safe.
Rk opened the front passenger side door for Madhu but she walked passed him & sat on the rear seat along with Ruhi. He sighed & walked back to the drive side & clambered in.
Neither of them cared to talk as they were busy hearing Ruhi sing a special song composed by her & the lyrics were exclusively written by herself only for her understanding.
Rk with a smile glanced Ruhi through the rear view mirror, then his gaze cast on Madhu who was looking outside the window but he could notice her thoughts were somewhere else. She had a frown on her beautiful face.
"Madhu?" Rk called.
"What?" Madhu asked cranking her head to his side.
"You okay?" He didn't know what made him ask her that but he felt the sudden urge to comfort as she seemed so worried.
"Yes." She snapped & turned back her gaze to the window, unseeing the moving scenery.
"Where is your, Nani? I couldn't find her at your house?" Rk asked wanting to know whether she had anyone to look after her & Ruhi or they were all alone?
"She passed away!"
"Oh. I am sorry. When?"
"Six months back. In heart attack!" Madhu said impassively but her eyes betrayed her from showing the sorrow & guilt. Yes, her Nani was her friend, her companion, her support system who gave her everything. She nurtured her with love & care. When Ruhi was born, she was so tiny & weak. Madhu had no idea even how to hold her baby girl or feed her or bath her. It was only her Nani who efficiently handled the little girl & even taught Madhu everything about how to take care of a baby but she worried two much for Madhu & Ruhi's future & one night she died in heart attack in her sleep. Indirectly Madhu had become the reason for her Nani's death as she caused her too much of worries & that made Madhu live in guilt.
"Oh" Rk didn't know what else to say & rest of the drive went in complete silence.

"Madhu... you take rest. I will look after her."

"I don't trust you so I am not going to leave my daughter alone with you."