Chapter 15

Pure silence. It enveloped the room, enhancing the shock felt by the occupants. Jaws were agape, eyes popped with surprise and suspicion. The only thing keeping them from drawing their wands was that wands were only permitted for the oath and further use would see them out of Gringotts for eternity. Even those who had guessed correctly were shocked. Not only was he Lord Black but he looked different. He was healthy and taller. He would never equal Ron of course, but he was average. Remus and Tonks watched in barely concealed amusement. Lord Black was wasn't even bothering to hide his smirk.

He leaned against the wall. "What? Am I that unlovable that I won't even get a reaction? " This got him even more incredulous stares. The silence was broken by Tonks finally losing it and ending up on the floor, laughing her guts out. 

"Nah, not unlovable, mate-"

"Just really, really ugly-"

"Though in front of Umbitch-"

"We give you The Witch Weekly Award!"

3 guesses who said that.

"Oh! Harry!" screamed the mane of bushy hair he was being attacked by. Ginny waved from the side, clearly unsure. Understandable, considering she just found out she was being groomed to marry one of her best friends by her mother. Ron came and thumped Harry on the back."Glad to see ya, mate." 

"And how to we know you are who you say you are? It could also be a trap. Perhaps to lure the real Mr.Potter out......?" Snape said with a drawl, feeling unfortunate that he couldn't use a wand now. "Well, sir" Harry said, in imitation of Snape, " I could tell you what happened inner third year to you, even tell what I saw in the pensive during our lessons. That is of course, if you want me to. Or we could go by the fact that the people closest to me should be able to tell if I am indeed who I say I am..."

Snape sneered. Before he could reply however, Harry spoke," I think we should do the now." The Goblins traded glances before 2 of them went out of the room. Only Harry, The Tonks' and Remus stayed clam. "Do what, Potter?" Snape spat. "Mr. Potter, I assume this has something to do with what Sirius Black spoke of in the will?" a now revived Minerva McGonagall asked. 

"Yes, and Kingsley?" The silent man mentioned raised an eyebrow. "You will find out a lot here that could directly be related to criminal cases and the such. Other than the Pettigrew thing, it will be kept silent. I am not letting it go away but .......... its just helps bring down the criminal in question if we just hold it close to our chests till its time." He contemplated for a moment before agreeing. 

Just then the Goblins came in. With them was Ragnok. " Harry." his voice caused shivers to go down their spines. They all were shocked. Most of them were shocked by the familiarity shown by the Goblin as well as the respect. Bill Weasley was the most shocked, knowing the goblin to be the director of Gringotts. He couldn't imagine how Harry Potter of all people had the favour of the Director. 

"Ragnok." Harry stated, waiting further news. He knew they could not use The Thief's Downfall as the people assembled here could not keep it hidden properly. " Your friends should feel the effect of everything wearing off in some time. Unfortunately it is the memory blocks we have a problem with."

"And why is that ?" Remus asked before any other could." It works fine on me and Andromeda and Ted Tonks." "It seems that the spells are extra strong on theses people as they have direct contact with Harry Potter." Ragnok said. " But shouldn't the fact that Remus is practically my uncle make him have stronger spells on him. What about -" Harry was cut off.

"Remus Lupin, even though his wolf was chained, was hard enough to spell. And even if chained, he is a werewolf which makes him highly resistant to mind altering spells. The fact that it lasted so long is a proof of Dumbledore's power. He may have found that the transformations are now easier and he is almost one with the wolf." Ragnok explained as Remus nodded in conformation. " Nymphadora had just spells to ignore Harry Potter so there is no reason to speak of mind spells about her. Andromeda Tonks has Black blood inside her. Potters, Blacks,Longbottoms, and the Bones are one of the oldest families in existence baring the original and founding families. Their blood has gained some resistance to these type of spells. The fact that the spells still stuck again shows Dumbledore's power. Ted Tonks I believe was married by an ancient ritual which gives him Black blood as well."