Chapter 6

Darkness.

Endless Darkness.

Claws of shadows.

Suffocation.

Screams.

Harry woke up with a start. "A nightmare." he whispered. Closing his eyes, Harry tried to remember what it was but all he could remember was darkness, screams and the feeling of suffocation. Twisting to untangle himself from the sheets, he rested on his back. He was still in his sweat soaked rags that he was too tired to change out of. Harry closed his eyes as he remembered the previous day.

He wanted to get a head start as quickly as possible in his new life, but dreaded doing that all the same. Harry was scared. Scared of more betrayal and rejection. Of becoming another Voldemort. He felt apprehension of meeting his parents. Regardless of the fact that they were portraits. Besides they weren't the real deal, just shades left behind by the dead.Maybe he could just lie here. Or just go to another country. But Harry was nothing if not determined. Why would he flee the one who had brought him hell? He had done too much to him for Harry to let him walk away or worse, win.

Sighing, Harry got up. He took some clothes from his trunk, and went to the bathroom where he had a nice cold shower to rejuvenate himself. Soon after he found himself navigating Potter Manor. This time, Harry actually paid attention to where he was. He was heading towards the main hall, or was trying to, at least. The halls were a deep crimson with intricate gold designs. There were a few muggle paintings, but the rest were empty. After an hour of hunting, Harry stumbled into the hall. Just as he did, Harry hit himself. He could have solved the problem by calling for Milly.

He looked around in wonder. The walls were a white marble that had beautiful carvings. The carvings were decorated by shining topazes, rubies, emeralds, opals, sapphires, and diamonds. The ceiling was exactly like Hogwarts' own - like the sky. The floor was dark granite. It was as big as the Great Hall. Otherwise though, it was empty.

Before Harry could call Milly, she appeared herself. "Oh! Little Master is awake! He looks so much like Master James! Milly be worrying but Milly once raising naughty Master Prongs so Milly know that Little Master just tired." she said.

Harry looked on, amused. It was clear that Milly was overjoyed at seeing him. He guessed she was more like a stern mother hen. One that could become hyper. "Milly!" Harry exclaimed. Luckily, she became silent and looked at Harry seriously. "Thank you. I'm glad to meet you. Could you introduce me to any other elves that are here? We can talk later." Milly nodded. "Master like every other Potter," she muttered. Just then, about 100 elves appeared. After getting to know every elf, he appointed them places until only Milly's was left. "Milly, I want you to be the Head Elf and my personal elf. I may bring one or two more elves. One of them, I know personally and is my friend, and has saved my life a few times. I may be appointing him as my personal elf as well. Not to offend you, but you do also have Head Elf duties." He spoke kindly.

Now, for all of you, I have some rules. First, no calling me Master. Call me Harry. No one is to punish themselves at all. If anyone feels like being punished, they are to come to me and we will sort it out. Punishments will not include physical beatings. No one is to share my location, status, or any information about me with any creature, be it witch or wizard, snake, or other elves until I give you leave to do so. Now you can go to what you were doing; Milly, stay," Harry commanded.

Milly had calmed down by now. Or at least she wasn't jumping. Harry asked the question that had been plaguing him for long. "Milly, what can you tell me about the security here?"