The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 6}

Start from the beginning

"Who was that?" Shane asked. "Brian" I replied softly. Shane raised an eyebrow meaning he wanted me to explain. "My ex-boyfriend" I blurted. I looked up and saw Shane staring into my eyes. "He stalking you? I can beat him up for you?" he said. He sounded like a over protective brother, which made me laugh. "No. It's fine. I already got someone to deal with him" I chuckled. "Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked. I shook my head in refusal. "Okay, tell me when you're ready" he smiled. "Could you do me a favour Shane?" I asked. "Anything for you" he said cockily. "Find out why he's here. Find out who invite him" I said. "Yes, sir! I mean, yes ma'am!" he laughed, saluting me like how they did in the military.

-7 hours later. After the party-

I was helping Jenna and Mike clean up and I was in charge of packing up the karaoke machine they hired. Everyone had already left except for Mike's family and Brian. What the hell was he doing here anyway, how did he get invited and most importantly how did he get invited?! Wait, did I just repeat that last thing..

Mum, Dad, Aunt Rosie and Uncle Tim and Mike's parents were already drunk, and Darren passed out three hours ago. Instead of an engagement party, it as more like a wild party that Stacey would organised. As I grabbed the stereo and dragged it inside the house, I bumped into Brian Knight again! FML, seriously. I just cursed to myself and he was scratching his head as I walked away from him. I had finished packing up so I headed into Jenna's room and changed into my PJ's since we couldn't get home coz my parents were drunk and it was already midnight meaning I was crashing at Jenna's place. I headed to the guestroom and laid on the bed for awhile, relaxing my worn out muscles. Then, there was a loud clash echoing down the hallways. I jumped up and ran outside. The culprit was Shane and Brian. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

"Brian, shouldn't you be going home now" I scoffed. "I'm crashing here for the night" he said. "Why are you here, Brian?" I spat angrily. "Coz, I got invited" he smirked at me. "How" I said. "I'm organising the wedding plus Mike's my cousin.." he said. Crap, I forgot that his mother's business was wedding planning and I'm Mike's cousin say what?! "Whatever" I mumbled and walked back inside the guestroom and fell asleep..

***

I felt a pair of small hands shaking my shoulder. "What.." I grumbled. "Wake up Frankie, class is over" Maggie said. I fell asleep again? This is the third time today.. Maggie dragged me the cafeteria and sat at a table at the far back of the hall. I rested my head on my arms and shut my eyes and dozed off again. "Frankie!" someone shouted. "I'm just resting my eyes.." I said and as I lifted my head. As my vision unblurred, I saw Stacey with two other girls standing infront of our table. "What?"

"Just letting you know that I'm having a party, tomorrow night" Stacey smiled evilly, I might add. "It's a school night" I said. "So." one of the girls shot back, moving her head. "So.." I mimicked "I don't wanna go" I trailed. "Fine, it's your loss" Stacey mumbled and spun around and walked away swaying her butt.

"Pffft, yea right. Like I'm going to go to 'her' party" I scoffed. Maggie was talking until Darren walked up to our table and sat down. She became so silent, I could hear her chewing the croutons from her salad. "Darren, what brings you here?" I asked. "Are you going to Stacey's party tomorrow night?" he asked. "Hell no!"

"Geez, relax woman" he laughed. Maggie laughed at that comment which caused Darren to raised an eyebrow.

***

"Remind me why I'm going to this party again?" I asked annoyed as I stepped out of Darren's car. I thought I made it very clear that I didn't want to go this stupid party. "Because mom said that you need to get out more and live a little and mom and dad are going on a cruise" Darren smirked at me. Ahh, the reason was my fricking mother! I love her but sometimes she can be a pain in the ass.

The house was booming with loud music and bright lights. It had the smell of beer, cheap perfume and sweat.. eww. I made my way through the house squishing myself through the couples grinding on each other. I stepped outside into the backyard where there was heaps of people talking and drinking. I made my way to the bar and ordered a beer.

Shane's POV:

I arrived at Stacey's house, only to be greeted personally by Stacey. Kissing my neck, I got tired of it and shoved her to the side and made my way to the bar at the backyard. I reckon she invited the whole school, looking at the amount of people drinking and dancing. I spotted Frankie chugging down beers. From the empty bottles, on the counter she already drank about 3 bottles. I walked up to her and sat down on the bench next to her. She looked sad and tired at the same time.

"Hey, slow down" I said calmly. She just glanced at me and turned her head back to face the bartender. "Two more please" she said. The bartender handed her two bottles of beer and she handed me one and she drank the whole bottle under a minute. Then, a group of guys from the football team came up to Frankie and invited her to join a drinking contest. "Frankie, wait. Don't" I cautioned her. "Come on Shane" she giggled and pulled me by the wrist. They all sat at a round table and had different colored shots on a tray in the middle of the table.

The competition started out slow then as the time elapsed Frankie had nearly drank half the shots leaving the guys dumbfounded and certainly drunk. Frankie had won and was shouted all sorts of chants and waving her hand around. She was definitely drunk, I have to take her home. We headed back inside, dragging Frankie by the arm leading her through the dancefloor. Stacey appeared from nowhere and stopped us. "Where are you going? The party just begun.." she smiled seductively, well tried to. "I'm taking Frankie home" I blurted. At that moment, Frankie ran out to the front porch and bent over at the bushes, coughing. I ran after her and helped her. Yep, she vomited...

She wiped her mouth her sleeve and sat on the ground. I sat down next to her wondering what she was gonna do next. Then, I heard sniffling noise coming from Frankie, I turned as saw her eyes are red and puffy. She was crying, what the hell.. I got up and pulled her up but she fell back down on the first time. So I grabbed her on the hips and pulled her up and bought her to my car. She fell into the passenger sat and I did her belt since she could barely do anything. I drove to my place since her parents went on a cruise with my parents and I didn't have key or anything to their place. I brought her upstairs into my room and placed her on the bed. I was gonna out Frankie inside the guestroom but they just re-painted the walls. She curled into my bed and hugged the pillow and fell asleep. She looked like a mess, a cute mess. I changed into boxer shorts and fell asleep on the other side of my bed opposite Frankie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment, vote and fan :) Thank you everyone !!