f i f t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

"no! no, jungkook! i love you! that's not what i meant..." he hurried to explain, keeping me in a tight embrace. "...really, it was just a stupid text. i feel horrible that my mistake made taehyung act this way towards yoongi. i'll apologize to both of them and explain to taehyung that yoongi truly loves him."

and now i'm at taehyung's place, explaining all this to him as he sits on his bay window, looking outside the streets, snuggling with a huge ass blanket and his stuffed toys he usually sleeps with. and i, on the other hand, am standing, leaning on the wall close to the window.

right now, i'm not really sure if taehyung's watching the people rushing to get to their works or schools on time or is it the rain that makes these people's day worse that amuses taehyung?

even so, i come to him and give him a cup of hot chocolate, his favourite. he declines but i still force it on him.

he chuckles and finally gives up, but his smile immediately turns into a frown.

"jimin did talk to me," he says, then takes a sip of his hot choco. it's still hot so he curses when his tongue gets burned.

"you should blow on it first," i say, expecting him to respond with the usual, "i get it, mom" since i'm the naggy one in this friendship, but he doesn't.

"aren't you going to ask me if i believe him or not?" he asks instead.

"iㅡ" i start, but he looks at me with an expression i can't decipher, so i think better of it.

"it doesn't matter," i say, causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "it doesn't matter whether you believe jimin or not. what matters is yoongi."

his eyes widen for a few seconds, before he returns his gaze back to the window, as if this whole conversation doesn't concern him the least bit.

"what about him?"

"you know him more than anyone else, tae. do you really think he'd play you like that? you even went out with him. you should know if the things he did were done out of force or if he really meant them."

he doesn't say anything.

"tae?"

"i just need to be alone."

i sigh and stand up.

"if you think i'm going to leave my best friend while he's going through a shitty crisis, you're terribly mistaken, sire," i say and sit down right next to him. for a second, i see a small smile tug on his lips, but he tries his best to hide it.

i grab one of the stuffed toys next to him and he doesn't complain. this one's totoro, given to him by yoongi before he took taehyung home after the infamous date. taehyung told me yoongi's incredible with the plushie machines and in result, they took home tons of plushies which are now snuggling with taehyung while he's thinking of no other than yoongi.

i try my hardest to sound like yoongi as i voice totoro and put him right in taehyung's face. "why don't you talk to me, taehyungie? don't you miss me?"

"i don't," he responds, but unable to remove the smile from his face this time.

"oh, really? don't you miss my gummy smile when you say something really stupid that it actually makes me smile and you know that says a lot because i'm the type of person who hates smiling in front of others unless something really fucked up happens?"

"stop," he chuckles and finally looks at me. "stop it, jungkook. this is ridiculous."

"don't ignore me when i'm talking to you, you little shit." i cover my face with totoro. this time, i laugh and he does too.

"don't mind this dumb fuck of a best friend you have." he laughs even harder at this and finally acknowledges yoongi the totoro.

"hey, even though he's a dumb fuck, he's my dumb fuck." he sips his hot choco in triumph.

"oh, that's okay," i let yoongi the totoro continue. "i'm still your daddy anyway."

+

LOOK AT HIM

LOOK AT HIM

isn't he the most precious existence on earth