Chapter 23• You are my World

Edited 5-20-17

Hey guys! I totally forgot about my book because we just got a new dog! I'm soooo happy with him! Love you guys :)
__________________________

It's been about a week now. Really, I haven't left his side. Holding his hand, I talked to him everyday. In my speeches, I would include telling him that everything was going to fine. At least, I wanted to believe so.

He looked peaceful, but I couldn't let him go. His doctor has informed me on the state his body is in. He has said that if he hasn't woken up by the week, then they are going to pull the plug.

My eyes stung. I needed comfort, but Ryder was my only comfort. I kept telling myself that I needed to be strong, but I couldn't bare to loose him. Not right now. Not ever.

I turned my head to see the mirror that stood against the far wall. My eyes were swollen. My face was stained from the tears that wouldn't stop falling down. I had dark circles underneath my puffy eyes.

I let go of Ryder's warm hand. I stood on my legs. They were weak. I haven't walked in 2 days. I haven't eaten for 3 days. I haven't drank anything for 2 days. I hadn't slept either. I assumed that my body didn't need anything because why treat myself like a princess when my lover might die?

I walked to the door before turning around and staring at the features of the prince. He was my everything.

I walked to the cafeteria. Everything smelled clean and it made me want to puke. My stomach stirred and wrenched when I smelt hotdogs. I ran to the nearest bathroom and emptied the contents into the toilet. I wiped my mouth before washing my hands.

Looking in the mirror, I gripped the edge of the sink. I needed to take care of myself. Tears fell slowly from my sunken eyes. I turned so my back was against the wall. I whimpered and slid down the wall. My body shook with sobs.

I slowly pulled my knees up to my chest and held them there until my eyes held no more tears. When I walked out of the bathroom, there was what looked like a 20 year-old woman.

"Congratulations" she spoke with a lopsided smile.

I have her a confused look. "What?" I whispered almost not loud enough for her to hear.

"I know you don't want to think it's real, but a baby is real honey" she told me while patting me on the back.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked awkwardly.

"You aren't pregnant?" She stepped away.

"N-No" I blushed furiously.

"Well, I just assumed since you threw up after you saw food and then cried for 30 minutes" she mumbled.

"Oh... n-no I'm not pregnant" I laughed.

"Well, okay" she walked away quickly.

"That was weird," I told myself when I walked back to the room. "So much for getting food," I mumbled.
__________________________

When I got back, there was the same amount of beeping and noise since I had left. I looked at Ryder on the bed and almost seemed happy that he wasn't gone. At least I had him here and I could be here with him.

If you have been wondering about school it's winter break. It's the 22nd and Christmas is in a few days. I hope Ryder gets up by then.

Sitting by him, I held his hand carefully. I felt his hand and it was cold. I looked at his face and he was blue. Absolutely blue. The monitors were no longer beeping.

"Doctor!" I yelled while I stood up quickly.

"HELP!" I shouted.

Almost immediately, doctors and nurses rushed into the room. If I hadn't been shocked, I would've been crying my eyes out. This is the time that he leaves me. I thought this day would never come where Ryder, my bad boy, would leave me.

Outside the door, where I was rudely placed by some blonde nurse, I sat against the wall. I stared at the tile in front of my feet. Hugging my legs again, I listened to the times that the nurses shocked Ryder's chest so that he would have a heartbeat.

"Ready, clear, thud, No heartbeat"

"Ready, clear, thud, we have a heartbeat"

It's almost as if the Father above wanted me to have something from all of this suffering.

A doctor that was two times taller than me walked out of the room. He smiled and nodded as almost if he knew that I was going to ask if he was okay.

"He is no longer in the comatose stage" he added. I couldn't resist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Thank you" I whispered. "Thank you"

He seemed shocked, but he eventually hugged me back. I unwrapped my arms and brushed his shoulder off as if I had made him messy. He chuckled and I whispered another "thank you" before walking into the room.

There he was, being touched by the blonde lady. Wait what?

She was touching his arm and telling him that she saved him. I clenched my fists and stomped over to her. I looked at Ryder and whispered "cover your ears" before shouting at her.

"HOW DARE YOU BECOME A NURSE, TREAT A PATIENT, AND THEN HIT ON THEM!"

"I-I'm sorry" she looked at her feet.

"YEAH YOU SHOULD BE SORRY-" I was cut off by Ryder grabbing my hand. I looked down at him and he was shaking his head laughing quietly. He squeezed my hand so I took a deep breath.

"Just leave" I told her. With this, she scurried out the door.

"Muffin, you didn't have to yell at her like that... she was taking my IV out of my arm" he smiled.

"Muffin?" I questioned. Then I realized what he said, "oh" I bit my lip.

"When I was in the coma, I could hear you and you said that you really liked muffins" he explained.

"Y-You could hear me?" I swallowed.

"Yeah" he blushed.

"Did you hear the part about-"

"Yes I heard you say you wanted to marry me and have 15 kids with me because then you could look at them and be reminded of me" he kissed my shaking hand.

"I didn't think you were gonna make it" I choked up. A couple tears fell. Ryder scooted over and patted the bed next to him. I laughed and laid down next to him. Placing my head on his chest, he wiped my tears off of my cheeks.

"I am glad that you are here and you didn't leave me this soon" I said.

"Me too" he played with my ratted hair.

"Then scream it to the world" I teased him.

"I AM GLAD I-" I slapped a hand over his mouth.

"We are in the hospital, the whole world can't hear you," I smiled removing my hand.

He fake pouted, "but you're my world" he whispered.
__________________________

How did you guys like this chapter? I loved it sooo much!

This chapter has 1211 words.

Ciao
-Mai