Chapter 11• The Bad Boy is a Softy?

Edited 5-20-17

Hello! We are at 1000 views!! I cannot even thank you for how much you have helped me become so happy! I never thought I would be at this point! Anyways, on with the story :) Enjoy!

Really quickly, I wanted to give a shoutout to Soldier_Girl_Love  because of her crazy desire for this book. She gave me incredible feedback and it honestly was really helpful! Thank you Soldier_Girl_Love!
__________________________
Scarlet's POV

I woke up with happiness! I was volunteering today and I am so excited!

I opened my eyes and kicked off my sheets. I looked at the sunshine trying to peek through the center of my curtains. I grabbed each curtain and threw them open! It was so bright and I thought I went blind. I covered my eyes with my hands and tried to walk over to my dresser. I needed to pick out an outfit that was comfy, but also cool.

I grabbed a black Star Wars shirt that was really cute. After slipping on some skinny jeans over my slender legs, I grabbed a gray beanie off of my desk. I needed a beanie to cover up my untamed hair. It was always frizzy at the top, no matter how many times I got it wet and brushed it. I snatched a bracelet that had a cross on it and slung it across my wrist. It didn't really match that much, but I liked it anyway.

I ran downstairs before you could say "Whiskers." My brother wasn't in the living room or kitchen. Probably sleeping, I thought. I looked at the choices of breakfast. I didn't want to cook because I was too lazy. I didn't want to make a huge mess. Then it came to mind, cereal. I hurried over to pantry and took out the Cocoa Pebbles box that was almost empty. Thanks Sam. He was obsessed. I took the milk out of the fridge before preparing my meal. Wow, I sound fancy.

I poured the cereal in the bowl and then added the milk. I couldn't stand people who added the milk first. You don't know how much cereal you are going to get so why do you pour the milk first? Also, who ever thought of putting tiny chocolate balls into a bowl, pouring milk over it, then eating it for what we call "breakfast". I giggled at the irrelevant thought.

I sat my cereal bowl down on one of the places of the island. I walked over to the milk and cereal to put it away. I heard a crunch. Crunch Crunch Crunch Clink. I turned around waiting for a murderer to be standing there. Instead, my brother. Eating my cereal. I scowled at him before placing the milk onto the counter.

"What?" He said with a smirk, " I thought this was for me... because you know I am obsessed"

"Get. Out. Of. My. Spot." I talked with clenched teeth, "Get. Your. Nasty. Mouth. Off. Of. My. Spoon." Walking over to him before I grabbed the bowl and slid it into me, forgetting that the milk was in it still. The milk splattered across my chest and neck causing my brother to start laughing so hard, he might pee his pants.

"You..." he continued to laugh while he hunched over and grabbed his stomach.

"It's not funny!" I whined. "I have 1 hour until volunteering and I can't look like I just came out of volunteering at a cow farm... or smelling like one for that matter!" I stomped to my room. I slipped off my shirt and grabbed another one. It was a "Don't Cry, Craft!" shirt. It honestly was better than the Star Wars one. This made my day better already.

I cleaned up and sprayed more perfume on myself before heading downstairs, again. My brother was eating my cereal along with playing on his phone. Probably tinder since he can't get any other girl. ROASTED! Anyways, it was time to go if I wanted to be there early.
__________________________

I walked into where the cats were. I had always been a fan of cats. I think Dans whiskers got me obsessed. I saw a kid with his back turned to me, who was feeding a kitten in his arms. How sweet. I opened the door and making sure I closed it when I came in. I looked at the dude again. His hair was rough and his clothes were wrinkled.

"H-Hey," I muttered to only see them still rocking the kitten back and forth.

"He-Hello?" I walked closer before seeing him turn around.

"Scarlet?"

"Ryder?" We stared at each other in complete shock. What was he doing here?

"Wow, I didn't know that the Bad Boy had a liking in," I paused "cats.." I pursed my lips into a flat line before looking down at my feet.

"I didn't know the nerd could be so sociable," he winked.

"I can be, when I want to talk..." I mumbled the last part.

"Do you need help looking around?" He asked while putting the cat down with the scratching pad and feather toy. "Did you come for volunteering?"

"Y-Yeah," I laughed "How did you guess?"

"I'm a genius" he crossed his eyes while sticking his tongue out and pulling his ears. This made me smile along with giggle.

"You know Scarlet, you should laugh more... it suits you." He smiles while he walked backwards.

"Y-Yeah, I should," I could feel the blush creep up onto my neck and cheeks.

He looked down at his feet and chuckled. "Lets go get you introduced to everyone."
__________________________

This chapter was actually kind of cute and I liked it because I never thought I would write about the Bad Boy having a soft spot for animals. You may not think that he is bad, but the story hasn't even started yet *cackles*. Just kidding, but he is dangerous and you will see why!

I want to thank you guys soooo much for 1,000 views! It means the world! I thought I was only going to have 20 views, 4 followers, and 4 votes. Nope! We have 1000+ views, 50 followers, and 51 votes! I cannot believe it :)

Anyways, this chapter has 1054 words which is good, but could be better!

Ciao
-Mai ❤