Chapter 16•What are we?

Edited 5-20-17

Hey! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Tell me what you guys wore if you did dress up or do celebrate it! I hope you enjoy! If you do, then please press that little star and comment! Love youuuu!
__________________________
Today had been a good day. Yesterday had been a good day. The day before that was a good day. My life was good. Especially after what happened with Ryder. To my surprise, Jessica didn't care. If anything, she got nicer to me. Yet, she still had a glare towards me when she thought I wasn't looking.

I was walking to my locker when I saw Ryder standing at my locker. He was smiling at me when he spotted me. I gladly returned the favor and smiled back. He made me get butterflies in my stomach and I felt happy to see him. Did I like him?

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I opened my locker and looked at him.

"So, what period do you have next?" He asked.

"Maths,"

"How about you ditch school and come with me?" he smirked and leaned his head against the lockers.

"How about..." I rubbed my chin and narrowed my eyes, "no!"

"Why not, it will be just you and me!" He walked closer to me and whispered the last part.

I looked around to see if anyone was watching. No one was in the halls. I looked at him and smirked. I put away my books and binder.

Let's go," I smiled. He shoved his hands into his pockets before walking next to me out the front doors.
__________________________

"Tell me again why we decided to come to Wendy's," he asked while taking a bite of his burger. We were sitting at a window seat in Wendy's.

"Because we were both hungry," I stated. He just nodded his head while looking over to the door. All of a sudden, he had the widest eyes and had his lips pressed into a thin line.

"A-Are you okay?" I asked. All he did was make a squeak. It was like a voice crack. It was cute.

"Go to the bathroom," he whispered.

"Wh-"

"Go to the bathroom!" He yelled in his whisper voice.

"Not even gonna ask questions," I picked up my tray and phone and walked over to the garbage. I dumped my garbage and walked to the bathroom. How long do I have to wait in here?
__________________________
Ryder's POV

I looked at Scarlet devour her burger before hearing the door open. I glanced at probably a stranger when I found my enemy.

Hunter Carter.

The guy I was friends with in 3rd-7th before everything changed. Including my sickness. I never told him why I always had food in class or why I had a bump underneath my shirt. It was because I was diabetic. I never really told anyone and in 7th grade I told him. He was embarrassed for me and told me that I got a disease because I was fat. I wasn't fat.

My heart beat quickened and my palms got sweaty. Why was he here? He looked at me before sticking his tongue out. I hadn't seen him since 8th grade and he still hasn't aged. He was a really mature person. You can hear the sarcasm dripping in my voice.

"Hey fatty," he spoke while hitting me on the shoulder.

"What do you want?" I really didn't want to see him. He was stronger.

"Oh, I was just going to ask you if you were participating in the streets on Saturday for you know what," he looked down at the window before squinting.