Chapter 8•Hospital food is Disgusting

Edited 5-20-17

Don't forget to comment!
__________________________

The light of the window was warm on my face. I fluttered my eyes open as I saw a very organized room. There were beeping noises coming from around my head. I turned my neck to look across the room. I was in the hospital.

My arms were on the side of me. As I looked down, I heard someone come in. My arm had an IV and was limp. I was comfortable in the bed. I was lonely though. And hungry.

"Oh, thank god that you are awake." I heard someone say. I turned my head to the direction that the voice came from.

"H-Hey Sam," I tried to talk, but my throat was dry, "w-water." I pointed to the table with the water cup sitting on it. As I was saying this, my attention was directed towards some balloons as well as a card beside the window. The balloons were pink with the words, Get Better Soon.

Finishing sipping on my water I asked, "Who got me those balloons and card?"

"Some kid with brown hair. His name was Raider, Ryker, Riley-"

"Ryder" I responded, with a blank face. My heart started pounding and my palms got sweaty. He knew I was in the hospital?

"Y-Yeah, how do you know him?" He studied my face before pulling a chair to sit by me. Seconds later, he grabbed my hand.

"He's no one really, just a kid that I go to school with." I let out all of my air before closing my eyes.

"Are you hungry?"

"When am I not hungry?" I laughed at his question while he laughed as well. I missed my brother.

"Do you want me get you lunch from the cafeteria?" He peeked around the doorway while I answered.

"Sure, just not a Snickers" I giggled. He smiled and walked out. I wish I could get the card. It says words, but I can't see them. I just have to wait.
__________________________

What felt like an hour, was only about 15 minutes. Sam came back in with a large tray. He sat it on me while adjusting the elevation of the bed. To be honest, the food looked "okay".

The tray had an egg sandwich, peaches, vanilla pudding, and an apple juice. I could eat a cow, so it didn't bother me what I was consuming. Hospital food was just a one time thing.

I picked up the egg sandwich before taking a generous bite. Chewing, I realized what it tasted like. I remembered I hate eggs. I almost gagged while swallowing before realizing that hospital food was gross.

I picked up the metal spoon. I took a spoonful of peaches and they were delicious. I finished the peaches off and then licked my lips. All this time, Sam was on his phone. Who knows what he was doing. I grabbed the apple juice and it was warm. It was sweet though, so I finished it. The pudding didn't look appetizing. Sam noticed me just staring at the tray and came over to pick it up. I looked at him and nodded, telling him it was fine to take it away.

"Do you know why you are in here?" He asked while reconnecting his hand to mine.

"No?" I looked at him confused, "I just remember eating the Snickers and then not being able to breathe."

"You are allergic to peanuts" he said while looking down at my hand and rubbing circles on it.

"Oh..." I looked at him and shrugged "I thought you were going to say I was allergic to chocolate," I started laughing nervously.

"No, I would've made you move out," he laughed and then said, "who knows what you would be like without chocolate."

I playfully punched his arm and laughed. "I love you, Sam..." I said with a caring smile.

"I love me too," he said with a caring smile.

"You were supposed to say it back, you bum," I said while ripping my hand out of his hand and placed it on my chest. "Ouch..." I pretended to look hurt while frowning.

"You know I love you though because if I didn't, I wouldn't be here right now." He smiled and looked at my hand. He gently gave me a hug.

"True dat" I mumbled into his chest while hugging him back.
__________________________
I actually love this chapter because it shows you the personality of Sam. They are so cute and it makes me want an older brother.

Anyways, don't forget to tell me how you like it so far! I love you guys so so so much. ❤

This chapter was 787 words long!

Ciao
-Mai