My cellphone buzzed in my pocket. Pulling the toothbrush out of my mouth, I checked my it. Nearly dropping my toothbrush from surprise, I read the text again just to make sure my eyes were working correctly. 

It was a text from Jieun. I glanced at the time tracker for the last time she had sent one. It was from nearly three months ago. 

Jieun: I have some free time today. Do you want to head over to my place?

Fumbling with my toothbrush and phone, I hurried to reply.

Then I stopped. 

Would it be right to head to her place? We hadn't talked for so long...

I stood there with my fingers hovering over the screen, torn between what I needed and what my conscience wanted. Gritting my teeth, I made my decision. 

Jieun's POV

I bit my lip nervously at the sight of the sent text. Would he even respond? Would he just ignore it? There were a few tense minutes that I spent staring at the screen of my phone in anticipation for his text. 

Those minutes stretched, and my hope dwindled back to it's original state. Letting the device whose screen was now dark slip out of my hand, I reached back to unpin my hair. 

Just then, the doorbell rang. Feeling my heartbeat quickening, I hopped off the couch to check on the security monitor. And there he was, standing with his hood pulled over his head with his hands in his pockets. 

Fingers trembling, I quickly punched the button that opened the door. Then I dashed down the entry hall just in time to see him close the door behind him. 

"You came?" I wondered aloud, unable to believe what I was seeing. 

He shifted. "Yeah. I came." 

I was about to launch myself into his arms, but stopped at the expression on his face. 

He stared at me as if he couldn't recognize me. 

My smile faltered. "What's wrong?" I said, cocking my head to one side. 

"We..." he averted his gaze. "I think we need to talk." 

The wall of wariness coming back up, I nodded. We headed to the living room where I poured him a warm drink, then sat down across from him. 

With a small intake of breath, I suddenly realized what was wrong. The distance between us seemed to be an infinite gap that couldn't be bridged, despite the fact that it was only a few feet. 

There was a pause of silence. 

"I know that you've been busy lately, and my schedule's  been pretty full too." he admitted, turning the cup around and around in his hands. "That's probably why we haven't seen each other much." His voice was formal, and his composure displayed only the outer surface of the Jungkook I knew.

Or I used to know, rather. He continued in that unruffled manner of his, as if this situation wasn't personal in any way. 

"I missed you." I said quietly, unable to keep silent, and he stopped what he was saying. "I really did."

He stared at me. "W-What did you say?"

"I missed you so much every day. I wanted to see you so badly but I thought that you were probably really busy..." I stumbled to a halt.

Jungkook had come around to my side of the table, and had enveloped me in a hug. 

I closed my eyes and breathed in the scent of his sweater. 

"I missed you so much too." he said, leaning his cheek on the top of my head. "I guess there was just the lack of communication between us."

A blossoming sense of relief flowed through me, and I hugged him tighter with a grin on my face. 

"Hey Jieun. Guess what?"

I tensed warily. "What?"

"I think you've gained weight." 

"Y-Yah!" I said, pulling back to smack him. Of course, he was way too fast for me. 

After I became too out of breath to chase him around, I plopped onto the couch in defeat. 

He came over an slung an arm around my shoulders. I didn't even have enough energy to shrug it off. Instead, I leaned into him, smiling like an idiot.

"Everyday is going to be like this from now on." he said suddenly. "We'll spend time together, go on dates, and create lasting memories." 

"You better keep that promise." I said, looking up at him. 

"I definitely will." With that, he leaned down to kiss me. 

I kissed him back, an overwhelming sense of joy and hope coursing through me. 

A/N: And a happily ever after! Honestly, this story wasn't very well put together, but as I gain experience, I want to write better and more intriguing stories for all of you to read. Thanks for sticking this far! Love ya'll!! SARANGHAE!!!! \(^•^)/

~AwesomeMochiBlob