13

I exchange glances with Eunbyeol as we cover our ears, the noise only getting louder. It wasn't until she got up and opened the door prior to walking down the hallway before banging on the door. I quickly got up to follow her, my jaw dropping upon seeing the door opened. Instinctively, I clamped a hand over her mouth before she was able to go off as I apologized. I flashed a sympathetic smile right before directing us back to my room, my expression showing surprise after closing the door.

"Byeol-ah!" I hold her by the shoulders and look her straight into the eyes prior to continuing. "What was that for?" Eunbyeol closed her eyes prior to letting out a long sigh before speaking.

"I'm just distressed, that's all." She confesses, her expression softening. She puts her head in her hands as she shakes her head, a frown adorning my face.

"Are the errands really that much?" I ask her, my voice quiet. "If it is I don't mind helping again, you should take a break -"

"It's not that," She continues. She looks up  and faces with with sympathetic eyes, her smile resembling. "I feel like I'm loosing you, Yiseul." I chuckle at her statement before pulling her into a hug, Eunbyeol caught off guard by my actions.

"You're not losing me Byeol." I reassure her. She sighs once more, but instead of the last that was filled with distress this one was out of content.

"Yiseul, don't lie." She pulls away and holds onto my shoulder as she stares directly into my eyes. "I've seen you making friends with the tenants down the hall, I'm not blind."

"But that doesn't mean you're losing me," I add on. "Let's see it as 'expanding our circle of friends'." I conclude.

"But are Yeeun and I enough?"

"Yeeun's busy with school, we rarely see her. If we're lucky she'd shoot us a message on kakao every once in a while." I state. She nods her head in agreement, sadly realizing. "Besides, who else would run your errands for you?" She laughs right before pulling me into a hug, a smile tugging at the ends of my lips.

"What would I do without you, Yang Yiseul?"

"Well, not a lot actually." She playfully smacks me as our laughter rings out throughout the room.