09

The next morning I met up with Eunbyeol in the dining hall because she wanted to discuss something. When I got there I saw her with two bowls, one directly in front of her and the other placed across from her. I mumble a 'thank you' as I take my seat across from her, my senses waking at the smell. I slightly open my eyes and look down at the bowl to see porridge, a warm smile brought to my face.

"I made a special request early in the morning for the two of us to have porridge," She states as she takes a spoonful. She waits for me to take a spoonful before she continues, a smug smile on her face. "Is it good?" I nod along as I continue eating, her smug smile growing.

"Why?" I stop as I scan her expression, my spoon dropping back into the bowl. She leans closer as she holds a hand up to her face for added emphasis.

"I made it." I smack her as she sits back down, laughing.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack." I say to her, my expression flattening. The two of us continue to eat as we talk, Eunbyeol telling me about yesterday. I smile as she's speaking, her tone and expressions genuine. As I was about to ask I felt someone pull up a chair and sit next to me, Eunbyeol's eyes slowly scanning the person next to me. I turn to my left to find myself looking up, the familiar smile radiating throughout the room.

"Morning Yiseul."