02

A longing sigh leaves my lips as I hang the delicates along the clothesline, my front door slightly ajar as I went to get the rest of the laundry that was done. I turn around to go and fetch the rest of the clothes but was interrupted by an out of breath Eunbyeol.

"Have you seen the tenant at the end of the hall?" She asked in between pants. Her hands gripped her knees as she was crouched down trying to catch her breathe. I slowly shook my head signifying a 'no' in which she responded with a groan. She left shortly after as loud stomps trailed down the hall most likely to the tenant's room. I shake my head in disbelief at her actions, before tending back to the laundry.

Lunch time shortly rolls around and as per usual I follow everyone else to the dining hall, small conversations fill the hall as we walk. My eyes perk up upon seeing today's menu, tonkatsu. Happily, I grab a tray prior to placing all the various side dishes as I walk down the line of food.

"I was surprised to see today's menu." I tell Mr. Hee as he places a piece of tonkatsu on my plate. He smiles at the statement while tending to the other tenants.

"Just wanted to treat the tenants to something special." He states. I bow as a 'thank you' before heading to the tables, Eunbyeol calling me over. I greet her as I sit down, she mumbles a 'hi' in between her chewing, her cheeks stuffed with rice.

"Your grandfather seems happy." I comment as I start to dig in. Eunbyeol stops her chewing and looks up, her cheeks still filled with rice. My eyes meet hers as I look at her with curiosity, Eunbyeol slowing nodding.

"Yeah, he's been like that lately." We both turn to look at Mr. Hee as he's takes some of the dirty trays back to the kitchen, Eunbyeol aimlessly smiling. She's in a deep thought as she continues to stare, my light coughing bringing her back to her original state.

"Were you able to find the tenant at the end of the hall?" I ask as I try to move the conversation along.

"Yeah, but it wasn't him. I think he has a roommate," She informs me. "I ended up confronting him instead." She gestures over to a blonde boy who's sat at the end of the table, he's too busy nodding along to the music from his headphones to notice. I slowly nod in understanding before a boy comes over and sits across from the blonde one. He's twice the size as the blonde and it's quite the contrast. His clothes are all black which goes along with his hair color, the two of us watch as he begins to ramble to the blonde to which the boy nods along - most likely to the music instead of his friend.

Huh, what a peculiar sight. I thought.