Now that you were seeing him, you were pretty sure that Midori had been taken care of by him before.

"O-Oh, looks like you're finally awake," he said, trying to recover his stoic expression.

You mewed, trying desperately to communicate.

Where are Kal and Midori?

"Shh...Don't worry, your two boyfriends are just sleeping." 
He knows?!

"They've been awake for a week straight, worried sick, after all.  I'm amazed that you seemed to recover so quickly, but I guess as a shifter your healing is quick different, since I'm the same way.  All I had to do was set the bones and they fused back together," the doctor marveled, talking about bones and how the structures differed.

Wait, what did he mean by 'the same'?

"I'd never met a cat shifter before now, sorry that I'm a little too excited...I'm a dog, so I have a bad tendency of getting hyper around cute things..."

Oh, a dog...A DOG??!! 

You began backing away,trying to not make it obvious that you were doing so.

He looked at you like you were a psycho, "That was a compliment, it doesn't mean I want to eat you or anything."

You relax slightly, but tense up again as he extends his hand to you, sliding it over the silky fur on your head.  After that, he pulled off the wires, scooped you up, and sat on the floor.

Dr. Inu placed you in his lap, petting you gently.  While the soft caresses were nice, you began wishing you could go to them.

Then an amazing thing happened...except it wasn't so amazing for poor, unsuspecting Doctor Shiba...

You felt your bones popping out of place, realigning painfully.  Your claws retracted back into your skin as human nails took its place. The warm soft fur seemed to just disappear, leaving you cold and a little more nude than you would've liked, if you had noticed.

Oh, and there's also the fact that you were straddling the vet.  You were so ecstatic to be human again and also hadn't really paid attention to the minor details yet, so in your joy, you hugged the doctor tightly.  Dr. Inu's ears turned a really deep shade of red as you tightened your embrace, still neglecting to notice your nudity.

"We spent a week, worrying about whether you'll live or die, and catch you embracing another man?  I could've overlooked it a little better if you weren't as...disheveled...," you heard Midori's voice state from behind you, sounding very pissed off.

...Disheveled?

You looked down, seeing for the first time that you weren't necessarily 'dressed'. A bright blush spread across your face as you tried to cover up, quickly removing yourself from the vet's lap. You turned to face Kal, who had stripped out of his jacket and was placing it over your shoulders, while blushing lobster red, and Midori, who was looking at you very disapprovingly.

"I demand an explanation, y/n," he said, his eyes sweeping over you, causing you to wriggle uncomfortably.  Midori was always good at making others nervous, even though what had just happened was an accident.

He's being scary...

You pulled the jacket tighter around you, flinching at his glare.  You could feel your lower lip beginning to tremble.

Don't cry,  don't cry...w-why is he being so angry when I just woke up?...

You stumbled to your feet, buttoning the jacket quickly.   Deciding it'd be best to leave until Midori was less angry, you run to the door, escaping successfully, but you were quickly lost in the hallways.

Suddenly, you heard a dog barking nearby and felt your bones cracking.

Not again! This can't be happening...

"Somebody?! Help, Killer smelled something and got loose!  I don't know if I can catch him!"

Killer?

From around the corner, a massive great dane bounded straight at you, tongue hanging out, in 'play' mode.

I don't want to play!!!

You turned around, abandoning the protection of the jacket and running full speed in the opposite direction.  All of your fur stood on end as you tore through the multitude of hallways.

Help!!!!!

You saw two legs in front of you, which you ran through perfectly fine, but when Killer tried the same, it didn't work quite so well.

You ran for an open door, ducking inside and wriggling through some cleaning supplies to get as far back as possible.  Killer began nosing through the stuff, knocking countless things over in the process.

There's no way to escape! I don't want to die this way!!!

A hand grabbed the collar around Killer's neck, pulling him out of the closet and away from your trembling self.

After the dog had been taken away, your savior reached into the closet, grabbing your small form. He looked to be a flashy, playboy type of guy, but had nice green eyes.  He carried you to the front of the animal hospital, cradling you in his arms gently.

"Excuse me, this kitten must've gotten loose from the ones you have up for adoption.  I found her in a supply closet.  I believe that I'd like to adopt her"

Her?! This guy knows nothing about cats!  W-wait he wants to adopt me?! He can't!

"U-um sir, that is in fact a male.  If that's the one you want, then fill out these papers please," the receptionist answered politely, somehow managing not to laugh at his minimal knowledge of cats.

The man sat down, holding you in one arm as he rapidly filled in the blanks.

Why does he have to be such a  fast writer?! Kal, Midori please save me!!!  I don't want to be taken away!

You struggled, but being so small made it impossible to get away.  The man stood and turned in some of the paper work, then he was given a pet carrier that he'd have to return the next day.

He placed you inside and you ran at the door, but he shut the door too quickly.  You mewled in protest, sticking your paws through the metal-grate door.

Kal, Midori!!!

~Authors pov~

Sup guys, hope you enjoyed this post.  I'm not sure how to make the next chapter go.  Feel free to comment, I love answering them, though I may not respond immediately, since wattpad doesn't always notify me.

~Questions for readers~

Would you like it best if Kal and Midori saved you, after hearing what had really happened from the doctor?  Or- have the stranger take you to their home and it either turn slightly dark and depressing... or fluffy, but you miss your bf's?

Comment your opinion! (^ v ^)