"Some people switch up once they get into relationships, it's nothing new. I've been mentally preparing myself for everything to go downhill.", I said followed by a sigh. "It's like ever since she got with that dope dealer, she's changed for the worst.", I said which caused my mother to gaze my way with her eyebrows furrowed. "She went from being all about education to smoking, drinking and carrying on. She even got a tattoo of that guy's name on her. Then it's like once he came into the picture her attitude towards me has changed drastically. Never want to hang out, it's like her world revolves around him. Not to mention, he's 22 and I would tell her that she could do so much better but she wasn't trying to hear me out, if she didn't try cursing me out, she would just stop talking to me for days. Then yesterday at school she just walked up to me and my friends and started showing out for what reason, I don't know. Then when I didn't give her the reaction she was looking for, she charged me.", I said as my eyes began to well up with tears.

My mother hung her wash rag up on the towel rack before gazing at me with a disappointing gaze upon her face. "It's disappointing to hear things like this about her, it is. Can't blame anyone but her parents, her mother especially. She treats that girl like a child and now look at her. I wonder if she'll still be holding that girl on the innocent pedestal once she find out that her child is acting exactly how she, in so many words accused you of acting. Take heed baby girl, young women will lose themselves following up behind these little boys. That's why I got on you about how you were dressed, back when Tahari's mother called me about you.", she said followed by a sigh. "Let what happened between you and Tahari be a lesson. You need to now get your act together and not go down that road of destruction where Tahari is headed.", she said before gazing at her wrist watch.

I wiped away the tears that streamed down my face...

She was about to speak until she gazed up and noticed a distraught me. She walked over to me and embraced me into a hug. Sobbing into her embrace, she held me tight and spoke. "I know you love her but people grow apart and it's only for the better. Who knows, y'all may find it in y'all selves to forgive each other and rebuild y'all friendship. Only time will tell. God puts you in these type of situations for a reason.", she spoke softly. "Pray about it, let go and put it in God's hands", she said softly as lightning lit up the house and a clap of thunder sounded.

Breaking the hug, she kissed my forehead before speaking. "Go ahead and get your clothes on and settle. I'm about to fix my hair and get going.", she said gazing at my now puffy, red blushed face. "Stop crying and give it to God, Bri", she said as she gently wiped my warm tears.

I nodded. "I will mama.", I said softly.

"I love you", she said as she took her hands away from my face. "I love you too", I said softly.

She gazed at me for a second more before turning around and grabbing a comb from her hair basket. She stood in front of the bathroom's mirror and began to tease the tight curls that the rollers formed. I turned on my heels and made my way to my bedroom. I closed my door behind me. Tossing the dirty clothes into the hamper. I walked over to my dresser and opened the drawer. I searched for a tank and some panties to put on to get comfortable.

Once I found something, I let the bath towel pool at my feet. I put my clothes on before I wiped the fake tears away that was threatening to dry upon my face. I took a seat on my bed and let my back rest against my headboard. Chuckling to myself at the sob story I put on for my mother, I thought of what happened yesterday at school between Tahari and I. She definitely got what she was asking for. Don't ever approach me with bullshit without having the heart to at least try to back it up. I tore that bitch up and I don't feel bad at all about doing it. It's been a long time coming, like I've been saying, she's a weak body bitch. That back bone she thought she had was knocked loose once she said some shit from the side of her neck. I damn near wish that the security would've let me get a few more minutes with that bitch, she would've gotten choked out and stomped afterwards. Stuck up ass bitch.