10

Louis grunted in frustration, beads of sweat dripping down her face as she fought with the warrior in front of her.

Louis had confronted the wolf, Felix, when he had scoffed at her appearance at training. She was aware of the fact that she-wolves didn't seem to take much of an interest in fighting in the Styles pack, but she refused to be undermined.

It's been a week since she and Tommy moved in, and it was the best possible turn of events she could've imagined. Tommy was thriving in the environment, enjoying playing with the children at nursery, and Sarah adored him to the point that she spoiled him rotten.

Harry and Edward were also, of course, key factors in how much fun she's been having. It was ridiculously obvious that the three of them were meant to be.

"Felix!" A deep growl caused Louis to freeze, the man in front of her doing the same. She turned toward the crowd of onlookers, panting as she made eye contact with an angry looking Harry. "What the fuck is going on here? I heard that someone had a problem with my mate, and now I get here to see a fight?"

Louis pursed her lips, pushing her ponytail away from her sweaty neck as she stalked over to the Alpha male in front of her. She was wearing only a pair of athletic shorts and a sports bra, and she was glad that she was.

Harry stared her down as she neared him, tensing when she placed a hand on one of his crossed, muscular arms. "It wasn't as serious as that, Alpha. Felix doubted my skill and we decided to have a competition. He is a fine warrior."

The entire crowd seemed to relax at that, Felix included. Louis was well aware of the fact that Harry wouldn't be afraid to make an example of the wolf if need be, but that wasn't what she wanted.

She knew that the pack was unsure of her. She didn't blame them at all for that either. She was an outsider from a rival pack, and showed up with no warning whatsoever. If they hadn't been weary of her, something would've been wrong.

"Is this true, Felix?" Harry's deep voice echoed in the wide open field. The raven haired man walked over, bowing his head in submission.

"Yes, sir. I have heard rumors of your mates' skill, and was hoping to see for myself." She was expecting this type of attitude from many of the wolves around her. They needed to test her, and find her limits. She thought that at least after today, she passed some sort of obstacle between them.

"And what are your conclusions?" Louis' eyebrows raised in surprise, but turned to face Felix as well. The man wasn't just a warrior, but one of the Styles packs best fighters. Harry and Edward's pack was known for their ruthless nature when antagonized, and she knew that they valued the art of fighting even more than her own pack did. She would value any type of feedback from any of these wolves.

"She is one of the strongest wolves I've come across, Alpha." Felix stated honestly. A few whispers broke out among the crowd of pack members, making Louis grateful that her face was already flushed and they wouldn't be able to notice her blush. "The Goddess made an exceptional match among you three."

Harry nodded his head, a small smirk on his face. "I'm well aware of that, but I appreciate your comments, Felix." He turned after that, and after intertwining his fingers with Louis' own, lead themselves out of the field and back toward the pack house.

"I was searching for you." Harry explained, looking straight ahead as he opened the large oak door. "Edward said that you left hours ago to go training, but hadn't seen you since. Then, I heard from a Delta that you were partaking in hand to hand combat with Felix."

Louis wasn't sure where this conversation was going. Was he upset with her for challenging one of his strongest warriors?

"I didn't realize I was gone for so long." She stated after a short period of silence. She followed the older twin up the stairs, happy that they were going to their own floor because she desperately needed a shower. "I must have been fighting with Felix for longer than I thought."