Ch. 7

Grace-

   Devlin had the most perfect, date. It was beautiful. With candles, blankets, and of course food !

    "I love it!" I said again. He took my hand and brought me to the blanket. I sat down, their was a gorgeous veiw of the stars. I leaned back on my elbows. Gazing at the stars.

    Devlin handed me some food. I nibbled, I wasn't that hungry. He kissed me. I blushed, "Did I ever tell you, you're cute when you blush?" I shook my head. Feeling the blush get worse, heat stole to my face "Well you are". I looked at the ground. He kissed my hand, then my palm, the kisses a path to my wrist. I wanted to wrap my self in his caresses, for once I feel safe.

   Devlin laid down next to me. We looked at the stars. I cuddled close to him, we fell asleep.

   Suddenly, I was yanked away from him. I screamed, Devlin jumped to his feet. I struggled against the person. Several, human werewolf hunters came behind Devlin. They pulled out their guns. One pulled the trigger, Devlin turned to face them, before collapsing to the ground. I could feel that he was still alive. I whimpered.

   "Boss? You sure this is Alpha Lexington's daughter? She is awfully small." a hunter asked.

    ' Dad! Hunters  ' I mindlinked him.

    ' Coming.  Shift and run. I know Devlin is down. Just run!  ' I listened and shifted.

   "Aw. . . the wolf is sliver." a hunter said. I jumped on him. Ripping into his throat. I made a beeline for the woods. My dad passed me. I spun around. Stef and Tony pushed me into a bush, hiding me. We heard the yells and screams of the dying hunters.

    Dad came over, I went to him. He licked my muzzle, making sure I was fine. It's a wolf thing. Devlin's dad helped the pack doctor, load him on to the four wheeler. I ran with my dad. Mom had set out clothes for us. I shifted behind a tree. Keeping a distance from the Infirmary.

   I went to Devlin when, his dad said it was fine. "Devlin?" I asked peeking into his room. He was asleep, I sat in the chair, holding his hand. "I love you." I said. And I meant it.

   He woke up and looked at me confused. "Who are you?" he asked. I was taken back. He didn't remember us.

   ' He can't forget us! ' my wolf whined.

   "I. . . I'm your mate." I said.

    "No. Staci is." he said. My heart broke. He is mine, not her's. I got up and walked out.

   "Jason, he can't remember me." I told his dad as I passed him.

   I went home, and cried. I know it isn't his fault but, it hurt hearing him say that. I stayed cooped up in my room all the time. My dad came in.

    " Grace? We know what happened, it will be fine. Come out." he said. I looked at him, and bursted into tears. I give up. I need Devlin.

    At school he is always sucking on Staci's face. My heart shatters all time. Lana and Theo support me. I actually went out with some one. His name is Maxel or Max. He is nice, I know I can't get close to him, in case he finds his mate. So we are like best friends,  that kiss. Friends with Benefits?  Maybe.