Concern

"And what are Insectoids allergic to?" The King of Hell asks as we enter his castle and approach his kitchen.

"They can't eat cane sugar," I reply, "it gives them strokes."

"Ah," the King of Hell smiles, "I see you've learned quite a lot in the last twenty years."

"Yeah," I reply, thinking about Reaper. Is he OK? What if he runs into Tolerance and has a panic attack? I twirl my earring between my fingers, worrying.

"You OK?" The King of Hell asks.

"Me?" I ask, "oh, yeah. I'm good."

"Come on M.S.," the King of Hell sighs, "I know that I have a bad track record from the other books, but, I've been teaching you to cook for twenty years. Doesn't that at least make us friends?"

"You're one of my best friends," I smile, "it's just..." I look away as we walk down the ruby halls, "it's Reaper. He had a mental break down."

"Panic attack?" King of Hell asks, "Tolerance told me about it while we were discussing the Shipper's Waltz."

"No," I twirl my earing nervously, "I mean total psychotic break down. The readers started to get to him really bad, and he started saying things that he was trying to say with a font out loud, and he probably didn't say it when he had the font, but he was shaking, and..."

I look away, and a tear streams down my face. The King of Hell wipes it away and shows his sharp teeth in a friendly smile. He looms over me at ten feet tall, and has to get on his knee to look me in the eye.

"I'll do whatever I can to help," he explains, "But I need the details."

"Alright," I sigh, "but don't let Tolerance find out. I mean, I trust him, but Reaper would lose it."

"I promise he won't," The King of Hell smiles, "so, what happened?"

"His eyes," I explain, "there was so much fear in his eyes. Actual fear, like he'd seen I.T., entity of The End. I had to kill him with Death and War and take his font just so he would be able to calm down."

"How much of a fight did he put up?" The King of Hell inquires.

"He did kill War," I reply, "but he took the loss better than I expected."

"I wish he could relax," the King of Hell sighs, "I mean, he stopped I.T., and he summoned the entity of good to defeat Hatred. He needs peace more than anyone."

"Yeah," I reply, "and then there's the fact he's insecure about our relationship, I mean, it's pretty obvious. He always seems nervous. Like, even if we're just getting coffee, he'll usually bring a new necklace or something, as if he's worried he'll lose me if he doesn't. I just want him to feel safe, secure. Although I'm worried I'm wrong and he's just... not as interested as I think. I've actually thought about proposing to him multiple times but I always get cold feet. I actually have a ring, right here."

I take a box from my pocket and show it to the King of Hell. He opens it and examines the ring.

"That's adorable," the King of Hell chuckles, "look, I know what we can do. The Shipper's Waltz is coming soon. You two are, like, perfect together, but that's just my opinion. My guess, you'll receive Plot's Blessing, and then, that'd be the right time to ask."

"Plot's Blessing, which one is that?"

"Plot's Blessing points out a ship that's perfect, but experiences fourth wall related issues. Seems to fit you two pretty well."

"As long as we don't get Hell's Blessing..."

"Yeah, that'd be bad. Let's just hope that the Shipper's Waltz goes well. I mean, Hell's Blessing has never even been given."

"Let's hope it stays that way..."

"Agreed. Anyways, you said you wanted to learn how to cook with spices from Hell?"

"Yeah, Satan Peppers, Fire Parsley, that sort of thing."

"OK. Come on, first off, the trick is moderation..."

The King of Hell and I enter the kitchen, and he begins to show me the various spices of Hell, as I end the chapter to pass on the next one to someone else...