Battle Against Traitorous Foes

A text box with my face appears with text that reads, "no hard feelings, right guys?"

"None at all," a text box with M.S.'s face replies.

The theme begins, this one is "Battle Against a Traitorous Foe". I'm not angry, not really. Even if I lose, I don't REALLY need a font. If the plot does get hairy, I'll just work my way back into it. For now though, I'd prefer to keep my font.

The lyrics of the uneasy, intimidating, intense theme are...

So, here you are.

They have betrayed you.

You must strike them down.

It is you or them!

Show these tratiors their place!

Show them your power!

Let the battle begin!

I choose magic, and look at my spells. I have two types of spells for each of the basic four elements, one of each hitting one foe, and one of each hitting all foes, the ablity to melt into darkness, and a dark spell called Hellfire.

I cast my water spell that hits all foes, "Wide Hydromancy."

Due to my missing hand, I suffer a penalty to agility. Well shit. I'm not gonna be able to dodge these am I?

Death casts Unholy beam!

Reaper takes 850 damage!

War casts Intense Pyromancy!

Reaper takes 750 damage!

M.S. casts metallic!

M.S. turned metal! Her attack and defense grew!

Reaper casts Wide Hydromancy!

Death took 650 damage!

War was weak to the attack! War took 2000 damage!

M.S. is protected by her earing's enchantment! Reaper's Embrace decreased the damage!

M.S. took 500 damage!

I have 3400 HP left. I have to take out War and get his soul to stand a chance. I focus my attack on him.

Death casts Dark Slash!

Reaper took 1000 damage!

War casts Intense Pyromancy!

Reaper avoided the attack!

M.S. attacks!

Reaper took 1300 damage!

Reaper casts Hydromancy!

War took 3500 damage!

It was just enough to defeat War!

Reaper took War's soul!

I use Souls and cast Bend Battlefield. You can win these fights, even at a disadvantage if you know how to play the game.

A barrier protects Reaper!

Death casts Unholy Blast!

The barrier took the blow!

M.S. attacks!

The barrier took the blow!

I cast Blend, melting into darkness to recover from my meager 100 HP.

Reaper casts Blend!

Reaper recovers 750 HP.

Death casts Deadly Slash!

The barrier collapsed!

M.S. attacks with non fatal force!

Reaper took 849 damage!

Reaper was forced into submission!

The battle ends.

"You've lost," M.S. explains, "give War back."

"I know when I've been beat," I sigh releasing War's soul, my vision fades and horrible pain consumes every fiber of my being. Everything burns like hellfire under my skin. I hold back cries of pain, to stay strong in front of the others.

"Are you OK?" M.S. asks.

"Everything hurts," I reply, "can you just finish me off and take my font? Please?"

M.S. looks at me, and her eyes go wide as she looks into mine.

"Oh gods what have I done!?!" She exclaims.

"We die a lot," I sigh, "it's no biggie."

"Reaper," she hugs me, "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have sent you down to one HP."

"It's OK," I reply, "Just finish the job so the pain will stop. Please."

"We can still heal you," M.S. explains, "if you melt into darkness maybe you can-"

"It's to late," I sigh, "just... stay with me. It makes it hurt so much less."

M.S. hugs me tighter, now crying.

Death and War play rock-paper-scissors, neither of them wanting to break up this tender moment, but both seeing the pain in my face. Death loses, and shoots a bolt at me. I begin to die fully.

"I promise," M.S. cries, "you'll feel better after a few chapters away from the readers."

"It's already worth it," I can feel myself losing my font, "just to make you feel better. See you in Hell, my Precious Metal."

I die, and fully lose my font to M.S...