Chapter 6 - His Boys

As Gavin started lining up to go through the metal detectors his heart was racing. He was really going to do this. He was leaving his home behind, moving across the country to live somewhere else entirely with people he didn't even really know, strangers. His heart was beating so fast he swore it would burst right out of his chest, and the butterflies in his stomach made him want to throw up with anxiety and excitement. However, feeling as happy, yet stressed as he did, he was having trouble fighting back tears that threatened to fall. Even with his age, he's never done anything like this before, he can't even remember the last time he was on a plane.

He didn't take his phone so he had nothing to put onto the machine and just walked through the metal detector. It buzzed, making him jump what he could of sworn was a good foot off the ground. The security guard came over with a serious look on his face that made Gavin go pale. The guard started scanning him with a metal detector of his own, and Gavin was relieved when it went over his jeans and beeped. The guard realized it was just some metal on his jeans zipper that set the detector off and let Gavin go through.

After Gavin sat down and took a few deep breaths to calm the scare he just got, he slowly stood and started walking to the terminal, his legs shaking so much he thought'd that they'd give out any second. He was extremely grateful however when he finally got to his terminal and was able to sit down. He had a while to wait for the plane so he sat back and started to close his eyes.

Gavin sat there with his eyes closed for a while, at least it felt that way until the lady announced that the plane was beginning to allow passengers on board. So Gavin stood up and followed everyone into the line, showing the lady his ticket and made his way onto the plane.

Once seated, he was thankful when it didn't seem like anyone was going to sit next to him. Though as he looked through the crowd of people coming in he was surprised he couldn't really take in their appearance. He was usually pretty good at remembering faces, but for some reason, everyone that went by seemed to almost have a blank face to him. Though he just brushed it off and blaming anxiety on the matter, and buckled himself in when the plane started to back up and get ready for the flight ahead.

It wasn't long before the plane was in the air, and it felt really weird to Gavin, like the plane would crash any second. There was a storm warning however he had hoped they would avoid it, though considering the turbulence they were currently receiving, that didn't seem to be the case. Gavin questioned why they would even fly in a storm this strong, however his fear of the bouncing plane didn't allow him to think on it for long. He looked out the window and could see the flashing lights of lightening and the rain hitting the plane hard, and to add onto this mess, hail started to pelt the plane quite roughly, making a few small dents in the small amount of the wing Gavin could see from his position.

The storm felt like it was never going to end, with what felt like a few close calls of the plane dipping and raising, even at one point the plane doing a nose dive, the pilot apologizing when the plane was leveled out again. Though what made Gavin more confused was the fact everyone else on the plane wasn't freaking out. They were doing whatever people do on a plane, mostly sleeping.

As the plane continued to fly through the storm, Gavin thanked whatever god he could when the plane started to land on a runway in Austin, landing rather roughly before coming to a literal screeching stop, then everyone was let off. Gavin couldn't of gotten off quicker, he ran out the plane door, down the steps and inside. He took a seat and caught his breath, he couldn't deny he thought'd he'd die, that the plane would crash. If he wasn't already worried about getting to the Rooster Teeth building he'd sue the plane company for flying through a storm like that.

Though after getting over the near death experience, Gavin walked to the taxi bay and called one down, telling the man, who also had a blank-ish face the location to go to, and the taxi took off. It started swerving between cars, going double the speed limit, yet no cop they were passing was pulling the man over. Gavin held tightly onto the door handle and stayed frozen in fear as the taxi finally stopped at the building with the word "Rooster Teeth" in large letters stuck onto the building, along with a weird logo of a Rooster and Teeth, and if Gavin wasn't still so shocked he would of giggled at it.