Chapter 3 - The Creature

"Yes mum!" Gavin yelled as he shut his bedroom door. He has barely come out of his room since getting the new gaming console, other than to eat it's all he's been spending his time on. Though no one seems to really mind.

As his character generates into the game, he's greeted with the emotionless face of Michael, bent over the bed Gavin was sleeping on. All towns have an Inn, where you can save your game and leave, the room locked to anyone you dont allow in.

"Hi Mi-cool!" Gavin says with a cheery tone, watching as the lad stands and nods, acknowledging him in his own way.

"Everyone else is down stairs waiting for you" Michael says, heading to the door. As he opens it he looks behind him to see Gavin still laying in bed. "What the fuck are you waiting for? Get up." Gavin quickly jumps to his feet and scurries out of the room, following Michael down to the Inn's reception desk.

Gav pays for his stay and the group leaves the lit buildling into the starry night of the town, lit by lovely street lamps, finely decorated. People covered the streets, chatting, trading, or just looking through their supplies. Gavin still couldn't get over how amazing this was. There was something special to this, being able to play a game and have it seem just so, real is just incredible.

The six headed out to the next feild, everyone but Gavin was around the same level so they couldn't skip up to higher regions like they'd want to. Sure they could just go on their own, but they know Gavin by now, and he's too slow to get to their level quick enough.

“You need to level up now Gav, it's getting boring staying down here” Ryan complained.

“Sorry...though you had been playing longer than I have, isn't that a good exucse?” Gavin said, trying to defend himself.

“Fuck no, we got half the levels we are now within the first fucking day.” Michael yelled in anger. He was probably just mad that he had to stick back to these shitty area's with the others, according to Geoff's orders.

“Will you guys quit bickering. There's a town about a day's walk from here, it has a training centre. Gav can level up quicker there.” Geoff said, trying to keep the bickering to a minimum.

“Pfft, whatever” Michael snorted. Gav felt kinda bad, making the others stay back like they were, but he couldnt help it, and it was Geoff's decision to begin with so what else could he do?

Either way, they were there, walking along the first road to get to the next village, the sun already starting to rise.

“Is it almost morning already?” Ray said to himself, losing himself in the sunrise. Ray has a tendancy to day dream, at least thats what Gavin has noticed.

Everyone disregarded Ray's comment and continued on, keeping an eye out for monster's, allowing Gavin to kill any that passed by. Experience Points get passed down evenly in a group, however, the one to get the finishing kill earns a little extra.

So as the group trudged on through the feilds, something caught Gavin's eye. He stopped and stared at it, trying to get a better look. All the could see was shaking fur, it looked like some animal was hurt.

“Gavin, come on, don't fall behind!” Ryan yelled, the group already a few miles from where Gav was.

“Yeah, just...” Gavin whispered, aware they couldn't hear. However he picked up his voice and said “I'll be right back!” and started running towards the creature looking object.

As he reached the creature he stopped running and carefully walked up to it. When he got close enough, the crouched beside it. It was bigger than he first thought, maybe about human size, if it stood on two legs that is.

“H-Hey, you ok?” The creature slowly turned its head to Gavin and made a weak squeak noise. Gav had to admit it was kinda cute. He took out a device that Geoff gave to him, it was called a scanner, or something, Gav wasn't very good at remembering things.

As he tried to scan whatever this creature was, it widened it's eyes, unknown to Gav who was focusing on the scanner. It made a loud screeching sound, like a warning, and as Gavin lowered his scanner to look at the creature, a huge shadow loomed over the two. Not long after came a large roar.

Gavin shakily turned around and saw the monster that made the horrifying roar.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idk how to end these things properply xP but i tired.
First chapter done in months xP and still expect slow replies since im not really used to writing anymore, but im gonna try for you guys :3

Anyway, hope you liked it, sorry its short, love you guys :3