chapter 12.

Annur's POV .

Hearing hatina's voice in fear makes my heart sink as I run and took turns looking for her but no avail. I look at every corners around where I heard her voice but couldn't see her.

"Annur!" Her voice came again and this time I got it. I follow her voice this time and when my eyes sight her, my fist stiffened.

"Get the hell away from her," I warn as I move closer to the drunk who is going closer to hatina.

"Ahh what will you do? Who do you think you are?" The drunk slurs.

"You will know who I am soon enough," And that is enough words from my side as I grab him and punch him in the abdomen making him growl in pain, before twisting his arm till he reaches the floor and screams.

"She's mine and only mine, no one dares touch her, lay a hand on her again and I swear I'll find you and your family and make your whole generations suffer more than the disease of a plague." I squeeze his arm more in pain.

"Annur stop, you'll kill him!" Hatina speaks breaking me through.

"I don't care, he touched you," I growled angrily.

"He didn't, he hasn't touched me I swear," She says and my gaze moves to her.

"But he hurt you" I tell her as I release my grasp on him.

"He isn't the one that hurt me, you did, you hurt me." When she says those words my heart sinks deeper and I couldn't show my face anymore, watching her speak with such a hurt, low voice, really bite me.

I pushed the drunk aside as he falls and scurries away.

"Let's get you away from here first, when we get home we'll settle everything." I assure her.

"I'm not going back annur, I can't." She speaks as tears roll down her eyes

"Hatina please," I beg but she protests as tears continue welling down from her eyes. All I can think of is that I want to console her to take away those tears, but I couldn't because I'm the fucking cause.

I didn't wait for her response as I carried her bridal style, as she still protests, wanting to get down but I didn't listen to her. She is hurt and it is my fault now, it is my responsibility to fix it.

Oh God I hurt her so much, she's not even speaking, but the tears are just falling.  We arrive home and I sit her down, but she turns her face away from me.

Great now she won't even look at me.

"Hatina, I'm so sorry you had to see that, I didn't mean to. I fucked up big time and I know it, I..." To be honest I don't know what I have become, this isn't me, I'm normally not the type to apologize, but here I am.

I can try and resit the fact that gradually this woman right here is changing me, but I can't help but want to change.

"Then why did you do it? Why? How could you? Doesn't our marriage mean anything to you even if you don't love me, can't you at least respect that!"  She speaks bitterly.

That part she said makes my body shrink about not loving her. I can't say I actually feel this way about her or say I'm in love with her, but I do care for her no matter how I try to hide it, I just can't. Ever since we got engaged, my only aim was to make her suffer but that day on our wedding night when I saw how she looked so innocent, so pure and caring and even if I didn't want this marriage I couldn't at least make her suffer for something that we both agreed to.

"I'm really sorry, I don't have any excuse per say, so go angry at me, slap me if you want, but I want you to know that I didn't mean what I did, I thought she was in danger and...I'm just really sorry hatina it won't happen again I'm really sorry".