Chapter 5: Airship

Knock knock!

"Please no . . ." Katie yawned as she pulled the blankets over her head. She was about to drift right back to sleep, but the knocking persisted.

"Get up, sleepyhead," said a familiar voice from the other side of the door.

Katie moaned. "Why you of all people? Didn't you try to kill me just yesterday?"

"Excuse me, that was merely a test of strength," Tray corrected her. "Now get up 'cause your brother and your friend are already getting ready."

With a sigh she lifted the covers off of her and very slowly got off of her queen-sized bed. Reluctantly Katie began to dress and prepare herself for the day ahead of her. It was finally time to head back to Magix, and back to school. Back to Alfea.

After she was ready she stepped out of her room to find both her brother and Michael waiting for her on the sofa. They didn't have any baggage with them because they never actually bought anything with them when they came to Crystallia. All their stuff was still in their dorms back on Magix.

"It's about time," Josh said, getting up.

"So let's get rolling." Michael stood up as well and started his way towards the door.

"Well someone's eager to get going," Katie remarked, following him.

"Of course I am. My roommate is alive," he grinned happily.

"That's right," Josh returned his smile and the two of them high-fived.

Upon reaching the door Michael opened it to see Tray waiting there with an indifferent look on his face. "It's about time. Now let's go."

He turned around and began to step down the grand hallway, towards a staircase that led downwards. The three followed him. They were almost astounded by how confidently Tray strode through the halls, the locations of every room in the entire castle memorized. Katie, Josh, and Michael all doubted that they would ever come to grow familiar to the place. Without an escort they'd all get terribly lost.

After reaching the ground floor Tray led them outside, but not to the backyard. He took them to the castle's courtyard instead, where they saw a large and complex-looking airship sat right in the center of it. It was white with dark blue windows, and had a shiny sheen to it. Many multi-colored crystals studded it's bottom edge, giving it the Crystallia feel. In front of the ship stood Jemica with two guards standing on either side of her. As soon as she saw the three, her lips upturned into a warm smile. "Ah, there you three are." Then she acknowledged Tray with a nod. "Thank you for bringing them here."

"No problem, Your Majesty." With a small bow he turned around and disappeared into the castle.

"Good morning, Jem," Katie went to embrace her aunt, as did both Josh and Michael.

"Good morning. You all ready for school?"

"No." The three replied in unison.

Jemica shook her head at them and sighed. "Well that's too bad. Now be good children and get onto the ship."

"Not before saying goodbye," Katie said, purposely shaking her head back at her aunt to playfully mock her. "We're gonna miss you."

"And this planet, too," Michael added. "Everyone here is so nice."

"And the food here is just . . ." Josh almost drooled just thinking about it.