Subtle changes.

Surrounded by darkness sweat poured down Eva's face, her heart the only sound that seemed to echoed out in the thick silence. She knew this was a nightmare and what was coming next... that disembodied voice taunting her. Building from a whisper to ear splitting screams so loud  shed feel like her head was going to explode and then shes wake up.

"How did it feel to kill all those people Eva?" The voice called out from the darkness Eva's head whipped around in all directions in search of the intruder. But as usually there was no one to be seen.
"How did it feel to end their lives? Did it feel good?"

"No!" Eva screamed as flashes of the bodies she'd left at the club that night came back to her.

"You are a monster Eva. You can't keep denying it." The voice sneered viciously. Tears ran down Eva's face as the floor seemed to sway beneath her. Falling heavily to her knees the voice began to laugh again, each laugh reverberating through her shaking body.

"No! I didn't mean to! Please stop please someone help me!" She begged only to be cut off by the voice again.

"Coward!" It screamed. Eva's breath caught in her throat as the voice began to speak again.
"How weak and pathetic you are crying alone in the dark.You. Are. Nothing. And you never will be. Coward." The voices words had sparked something in Eva's heart.

"I' am not weak."She spoke without thinking.

"Yes. You. Are."
Rising to her feet she glared into the darkness.
"No I'm not. This is MY nightmare! You are just a figment of MY imagination! You have no power over me your just a voice in the dark you don't scare me!" She waited for a time only to receive no reply whatsoever. It's over she thought letting out a sigh , running her hands through her tangled  hair.
"You sure about that Eva?"

The air seemed to thicken to point where it was hard for her to breath, hairs on the back of her neck stood on end as whoever it was came closer. Her heartbeat louder than the footsteps, she tried to imagine who it could be? One of her family members? One of the guys she killed ? Or was the joker about to step out in front of her. But the person who came into her vision was the last person on earth she expected...herself ....

"Who are you!" Eva demanded tilting her chin up and standing straight in an attempt to seem confident but the tremor in her voice betrayed her

"Who are you!" Eva demanded tilting her chin up and standing straight in an attempt to seem confident but the tremor in her voice betrayed her.Other Eva seemed to pick up on her underlying fear and stepped closer flashing a sickly sweet smile , her crimson eyes casting an eerie glow on the rest of her face.

"I'm you Eva." Eva's evil twin explained circling her slowly.
"I'm the part of you that came out to play at the club, the part that's kept you alive all these years. The evolved you... Although I do prefer a different nam-"