3

Michael picked up subs on the way home from work with Gavin. It was a quiet car ride again until the front door opened and shut behind them. Michael had locked it and tossed the subs on the counter. "Let's eat real quick and play some Mario Kart," Michael suggested. Gavin nodded and took out plates for the two. Michael tossed the subs onto the plates. They are standing up in the kitchen, while making jokes about anything and everything. Then it came time for the game. Michael set up the actual game, while Gavin pulled out the controllers. They fell back onto the couch and went in full swing. Gavin shouted as he fell off the edge. Michael broke out laughing and kept going. They played a couple of rounds until Michael unsurprisingly won. Gavin wasn't having it, "How about we play one last round and loser does whatever the winner wants for the rest of the night?" Michael smirked and shrugged, "Get ready to eat my ass!" Then his face fell, "Wait no not literally. Oh fuck." Gavin broke out in laughter not realizing the round had started. Michael pulled ahead. Gavin somehow caught up to him and threw a shell causing Michael to fall behind. Michael had a plan up his sleeve, though.

Michael used his own shell on Gavin and caught first at the last moment. He threw his controller down on the couch and jumped up, "Take that fucker! I'm the damn king!" Gavin frowned and crossed his arms, "That wasn't fair!" Michael stuck his tongue out, "Don't be a baby." Gavin sighed, "Fine! Let's get it over with. What do you want me to do?" Michael though about it for a minute. Gavin was getting more nervous by the second. "Alright. How bout I let you off easy?" Michael eyed Gavin with his signature smirk. Gavin whined, "Aw Micoo no I don't appreciate that smirk." "Just give me a kiss and I'll let you go," Michael shrugged. "Just a kiss?" Gavin asked, unsure if he was going to pull something else. Michael nodded and tapped his cheek. Gavin pecked Michael on the cheek and crossed his arms, "Now what's the catch?" "Nope, no catch," Michael looked up at the ceiling. "Aw please just tell me. You're giving me anxiety," Gavin begged. "Alright, alright. Technically this bit is gonna last more than tonight if that's cool with you," Michael started out. "Depends on what it is," Gavin glared at him.

Michael bit his lip, "How bout we get exclusive and shit? Like to each other if you get what I'm saying. No labels or any of that shit yet, but just us." Gavin's glare was completely gone. His eyes were wide now and he was trying to comprehend the question. Michael seemed to notice this and looked down, "You can totally say no. It's not gonna be rude or anything. Just fuckin' say something. Just nod or do something dude c'mon." Gavin nodded and Michael was taken back. "Wait is that a nod because you understood or because you're saying yes?" "It's a nod for saying yes. I was actually going to ask the same thing if I would've won," Gavin chuckled. Michael chuckled too, "Looks like we're both winners then." Gavin let out a yawn and leaned back, "Gosh, playing against you is always tiring." Michael yawned too, "Sleep?" Gavin nodded and held out his arms, "Carry me." Michael rolled his eyes, "Use you fucking bird legs."

Gavin went to his room to change and ended up falling asleep there. Michael went to check up on him and shook his head with a smile when he saw Gavin. He just pulled the covers over him and kissed his forehead before going into his own room for the night. Gavin woke up the next morning frowning from being alone. He shrugged it off and took a quick shower before changing into clothes. He snuck into the bathroom and took his medication with water from the sink. Gavin sleepily stumbled into the kitchen and made himself a bagel for breakfast. He sat at the breakfast bar and checked the messages on his phone when he was done eating. Gavin hadn't noticed he scrolled down to his last text conversation, which just so happened to be with his father. He gulped and opened it, reading through the old messages. He didn't realize he was crying until he heard raw footsteps against glass tiles and a voice laced with concern calling his name. "What's wrong?" Michael asked when he sat down next to Gavin at the breakfast bar. Gavin couldn't speak. He just slid his phone over to Michael, who read through it.

Michael ended up dragging Gavin to the couch and pulling him in his lap. He rubbed his back and kissed his cheek. "It's gonna be alright Gavvy. I know you miss them so much," Michael took a shot at comforting him. Gavin clung to Michael, "I hate it so much." "I know, baby. I know," Michael said, not realizing he used the pet name. Gavin noticed, and leaned back a bit, "Did you just..." Michael just shrugged and apologized. Gavin shook his head, "No it's okay. It's really cute actually." "Really?" Michael asked, confused at the sudden mood change. Gavin nodded and leaned his chin on Michael's shoulder again, "Thank you." "For what?" Michael asked, rubbing Gavin's back again. Gavin moved slightly to place a quick kiss on Michael's cheek, "For caring." Michael gave him a funny look, "Why wouldn't I care?" Gavin shrugged, "Not many people do." "Christ Gavin. So many people care about your silly ass," Michael shook his head and pressed his forehead to Gavin's. His hands were pressed against either cheek on Gavin's face just above his jawline. Gavin had his arms wrapped around Michael's neck. "Don't you think otherwise okay?" Michael lifted up his head so he could press a kiss to Gavin's forehead.

They ended up going to work a bit later. Michael grabbed Gavin's hand in his own and squeezed it while they walked into the office. He didn't give a shit what the guys though when they were staring. Gavin needed the comfort and Michael was going to give it to him. Gavin was nervous nonetheless. Michael let go of him when they sat down and Gavin frowned. He heard Jeremy clear his throats and he turned to the left. "You guys a thing now?" Jeremy teased. Michael glared at him, "No. Shut the fuck up Jeremy." Gavin gulped. Did Michael just say that? He asked Gavin last night so why? Michael rolled his eyes and turned to his monitor. Gavin caught a glance at Jeremy, who was giving him a confused look. Gavin suddenly felt his lips dragging down at the corners so he corrected them and turned around. Then he took out his phone and pulled up his text conversation with Michael. He stared at it for a bit, wondering if he should ask. So he said fuck it and typed something up.

--
Gavin: What'd you mean by that?

[Message delivered]