What A Great Welcome Back!

I parked in my usual spot right outside the front doors, then started to make my way to my locker which I shared with my best friend. Think of the devil, and she shall appear.

"Becca! Hey, Becca! Over here!" I turned around to see my best friend waving at me like a lunatic. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't return her enthusiasm? "Hey, Val! Oh My God I've not seen u in FOREVER girlie, how have you been?" "Forget that, you'd never believe what I heard from Hunter", she literally screamed in my face. Hunter was her boyfriend, and so far the only of her boyfriends who isn't an asshole. He's actually really sweet, and he treats her right.

"Hello? Best friend speaking to you right here, ya know?" Wow, whatever it is she wants to say, it must be big since I've not seen her like this since that time Hollister had a massive sale. "Alright Val, chill out, I'm listening", I told her as calmly as possible, slightly curious myself now. "Ok so seemingly there's a challenge between all the school's bad boys, the first one to fall in love with any girl in the school has to give £100 to each of the guys, and the girl has to love them back just as much".

I gave her one of my blank stares. "I'm sorry, how is this of any interest to either of us?" She gave me sly grin, as if she knew something I didn't. "Valerie Anne Foster you tell me what you know right now...." She smiled then ran down the corridor, and damn was she fast! Probably my fault for insisting that she join the track team. "You'll never find out from me!" She screamed back at me as she ran. Just then the bell for class went, so I vowed to hunt her down at lunch.

Guess it's time to step up my game and question everyone I meet. Hopefully I can find out what the hell is going on in this crazy school. What a great welcome back to school this was!